"Drew...", he starts.

He wipes away my tears and sits next to me.

"It is Zoey?", he questions while I don't dare answer.

Sadly, in certain situations, not answering gives away the answer immediately. He frowns, silently putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I saw her new post. She wasn't a good girlfriend.", he announces.

-"You're wrong.", I mutter, quietly.

-"Huh..?", he looks at me in the eyes, look full of confusion.

-"She was great. She is caring, sweet, confident. She has a strong personality.", I spit out, avoiding Jake's gaze, "Sh-She takes care of herself..."

He sighs and pulls me into a comfortable hug, making me gasp slightly. I quickly hug him back, shutting my eyes tight, as tight as my grip is on his blue jacket. I eventually begin to sob, uncontrollably, on his shoulder. He grabs the back of my head with one hand and puts the other on my back.

"Shhh... Everything's alright, Drew.", he comforts me, holding me close.

-*Heavy sobbing noises*

-"Let it all out. Cry, you need it.", he whispers gently while I wet his clothes with my infinite overflowing tears.

He slowly lets me go to put my head on his lap as I lay down on the floor. I try to stay immobile, failing as I continue to sob on Jake, burying my head. He caresses my hair, humming a small tune, calmly.

I start calming down, tears finally beginning to stop streaming down my wet cheeks.

"I miss her, Jake! I need her...", I confess.

-"No, you don't, Drew. You'll get through this soon, I promise.", he reassures.

I shrug, unconvinced.

"I miss buying her things... Going to the mall with her..."

-"Then, how about we go take a stroll to the mall?", the boy offers.

I slowly sit up, turning around, looking at him into his eyes. I slowly nod.

"I'd like that...", I say as he smiles warmly.

-"Let's go, then.", he grabs my hand to make me stand up.

He slowly approaches my face. He moves some of my hair away from my eyes and wipes the remaining tears left on my pathetic face. I must look hideous... He arranges my hoodie and puts the hood around my head before smiling, his smile as bright as the sun. I wrap my arms around him, nuzzling my head against his chest. He chuckles at that. He holds my hand and drags me outside, leaving the window open to ventilate the room.

We head to the mall.

.

.

.
---

Drew's state worries me a lot. Drew's usually confident. I guess everyone can be vulnerable at some point. And I guess I'm witnessing his breaking point. I still can't help but feel bad for him. He needs to stay strong.

We look around for stores we want to go inside first.

"Where do you want to go first?", I squeeze his hand.

I know Zoey wouldn't ask such a thing, but I'm not Zoey. I actually care about the people around me, I don't use them.

The boy shrugs, looking down on the floor.

"How about.. this store!", I exclaim, pointing at a clothing store.

He slowly nods.

We enter the store to look around at the new men's collection.