Chapter 10

Harry Styles

"Hey, man," Thomas said as he opened the door. "Come in."

I stepped into his house and he shut the door close. We shook hands, the two of us smiling. "How's all?" I asked.

He shrugged. "All right." He climbed the stairs as I followed shortly. We walked into his room. "Okay, here's what's up. What I'm about to tell you, you mustn't tell anyone else," he said as he sat on the bed.

"Um, okay?"

"Well, turns out that a certain person, who happens to be the captain of a certain team, has been talking shit about you nonstop ever since last friday." He sighed.

"Roger," I muttered, my gaze firmly glued to the floor. By now, I had taken a seat in a reclinable chair. "What has he been saying?"

"Um," Thomas huffed. "After the kiss, you guys seemingly have been getting closer, Hazel and you, and some people have been talking, telling him that you two hang around during school hours. So last night, when Roger went to get Hazel and you stepped in, he got somewhat pissed, but not as much as when someone, who saw you two arrive together to his house, told him so. He was quite angered, saying that you were a cunt, that you would only hurt her, that she belonged to him, that you were a hypocrite... and I just had to tell you." He stopped, then added, "I didn't tell you as soon as it began happening because I thought it was nothing, but seeing as it has all gotten so... complicated, well-"

"Don't. It's okay, really." I flared my nostrils slightly. "That prick really thinks she's into him, doesn't he?" I chuckled darkly.

Thomas looked at me with confusion written all over his face. "What do you mean?"

I sighed. "We have indeed gotten closer, Hazel and I, so she has told me some things. She does not like him, she doesn't like him at all."

"Whoa, dude, really?" Thomas laughed lightly as I nodded. "This is gold, I swear. Why don't you confro-"

"No." I ran a hand through my hair. "No, I won't do anything about it."

"Why not? He's talking so much bull-"

"Thomas," I said sternly. "I will not. I want nothing to do with him."

I was actually quite enraged. Why was that piece of filth talking about me behind my back? Could he not tell me whatever was on his mind to my face? I was not planning on confronting him, it was better to wait until he exploded like a bomb and, boom, told me what he thought. I wanted to see for how long he could maintain the act of 'liking me'.

He could threaten to kill me and I would not stop talking to Hazel. I was not planning on disintegrating such a valuable friendship for anything, let alone him.

"But," he sighed, "what if you get kicked out of the team? It wouldn't be the same without you."

"He not liking me has nothing to do with how good I am, and trust me, I'm good. It'd be the team's loss, and somehow my gain." I winked at him.

Thomas chuckled. "God, Harry, sometimes I wish I was more like you."

"What can I say?" I asked, smirking. I then proceeded to laugh.

"So?" Thomas smiled.

"So what?" I asked, clearly lost.

"Do you like her?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him once I realized who he was talking about. "What? No! Not one bit."

"Well... you've got to at least admit that she's got something about her. She's so hot," Thomas said, and although that was the truth, for some reason it bothered me when the words left his mouth.