chapter 2. reminiscing.

Before I begin, I'd like to note I'm basing Tabi off of a concept design I made for him.

Note: THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO CANONIZE THIS DESIGN. It's merely for easier drawing and writing purposes.

The curse is slowly beginning to wear away, but at a painfully dragging rate

The rest of the skull will materialize/snap over his head when he's incredibly angry or about to engage in combat,

His skin is visible from the shoulders down, hands upwards, chest and pelvis outwards.

Also, fair warning: this will be graphic.

That's all. You may continue reading.

-----

No. No way.

That can't be him.

He's human.

Human... right?

Not a massive grisly skull.

But it sounds like him. His voice.

It was him. No way.

what happened to you?

As the digidemon stared in complete astonishment and dubiety, the man in front of him seemed to also grow shocked. The sharp yellow eyes underneath the bony head seemed to glow brighter.

In the other man's extending train of thought, a prominent rail of memories stuck out like a sore thumb. Even after a long year, he could recognise the musician's voice. A voice he used to pine for ever since he went missing before eventually losing all hope of reunion.

"Agoti?"

Then, in a swift motion, the skull crackled away, exposing the ever-familiar face. Blond fluffy hair that fell over one side of his head, pale skin stretched over a thin face. The widened eyes retained their yellow tint with pitch-black sclera, yet they kept glowing in the dark.

Agoti stepped back, raising a trembling hand to his mouth. It was him.

Tabi.

-

Agoti's fingers impatiently tapped on the wooden table, synchronized with the analog clock's endless ticking as it counted down to 1:00AM. A mixture of different emotions were congregating in his chest, fusing and pulling apart. The most prominent ones were a strange type of relief and unadulterated worry.