Chapter Six

Cassandra followed her friends out the caravan, slowly closing the door before looking back at Raps and Eugene, "I don't trust him," she stated, crossing her arms.

"Cass? What do you mean, he just confessed and apologized!" Rapunzel said, stunned.

"We don't know if he meant that. For all we know he could be here for the moonstone," Cass observed.

"But, he wasn't here when we mentioned it," Raps replied.

Eugene spoke up, "But, he was. He could have heard us from inside the trunk."

"Eugene!"

"Raps, I know you want this all to pass, but the last time we saw him he was being taken away to the prisons. And we let him go. What makes you think that all of the sudden he had a change of heart."

"Are you saying we should just drop him off at the nearest village? We don't even know if he can walk yet!" Rapunzel started to raise her voice again, defending the young boy.

"I'm not saying that at all!" Cass raised hers as well.

"Guys, guys. Settle down. We'll just keep an eye on him. Remember Blondie, he did trick you before to get the sundrop flower," Eugene remarked.

Rapunzel faced the caravan door, "Whatever," she said before slamming the door behind her. Cassandra slowly opened back the door and peered inside, seeing that Rapunzel was kneeled down by Varian, talking calmly while he ate another spoon of honey.

Stubborn as ever!

Cassandra picked three apples from the storage bin, giving one to Fidella, and the other to Max. She was about to take a bite out of the third one, when a loud squeak was heard from behind her. She turned around to see Ruddiger on his hind paws, looking up at the apple, his black eyes wide.

Cassandra shrugged and took a bite.

Ruddiger chattered angrly, running back to the caravan and into the door that had been opened by Rapunzel.

"Hey, Cass? What's wrong with Ruddiger?" asked Rapunzel as she walked to Cass.

"Nothing important," Cassandra replied, taking another bite of the apple, "How's Varian doing?"

"I thought that you didn't care?" Rapunzel narrowed her eyes.

I still worry about him!

Cassandra narrowed her eyes as well, "Raps, as much as Eugene points out that I have an icy heart, I still care for others that may be hurt, especially if that person is our friend." I can't believe her right now, "Though, all I insist is that we have an eye on him!"

Rapunzel looked at Cassandra, taken aback. "Right, I understand," she said with a sigh, her voice barely a whisper. "Well, I'm going to go see if Varian can walk now." she motioned for Eugene to follow her, "If you want to join, your free too," she then disappeared inside the caravan.

With crossed arms and a frustrated huff, Cassandra headed through a bunch of tree to clear her head.