Chapter 27

"Hey dad" I said walking up to him. "What the hell you doing here. Your not welcome!" I took a step back and then Connor walked in. Dad and him talked for a moment and then Connor wanted to run a few tests before letting him leave. Jay and Will stepped out and it was just me and dad.

"Dad" he looked at me and then folded his arms "we have nothing to talk about Lily." I wanted to cry and scream at him but I was at fault for how bad our relationship had gotten. Dad started to cough, one of the nurses and Will came in and placed a oxygen mask on him. "Come on Lily let get some food." I looked at dad and then back to Will. "Then you can leave." Dad said through the mask. We walked to the elevator and got in. "I have to tell him." I said out loud not meaning to. "Tell him what?" Will asked as we both got in. "Why I left and came back. And say I'm sorry." We get out of the elevator and walked to the cafeteria. Sarah was eating with Dr.Charles. I grabbed a sandwich and a apple. "Will ,what if he doesn't get better?" We sit down and Will pushed my food for me to eat. "He will." We talked and I ate a few bites when Connor and Ms.Goodwin came up. Connor sat beside me placing his coffee on the table. "I herd about your father being here. Hope he's doing better." Will started talking to Ms.Goodwin. "How you holding up?" Connor asked quietly. "I might need to tell him." Connor gave me a nod telling me he agrees. "I'll be back." I said standing up. I walked to the elevator and get in. "You can do this." I said to myself pushing the ED floor. The doors open and I walk to dads room.

I step in seeing April. "Can you give us a moment." I said quietly. Dad rolls his eyes and sits up. "Really Lily." I sat beside dad and tears already start to fall. "I want to tell you everything dad." He looked confused with anger in his face. "What?" I took a deep breath and then started. I started telling everything. How great the first year with Ray was, then a couple months after it changed...he had changed. Why I stopped talking to friends and family. And why I came back home, then what happened in the park finally that night at the apartment.

Dad didn't say anything, He just looked away. I was about to leave when I felt his hand on mine. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his bed and then into his arms. I started crying and there wasn't anything to could stop it. " I'm so sorry dad." We talked a little bit more, and how I should've gotten my brothers involved. "Dad, you can tell them. This is my fight mine alone." he nod his head in agreement. "I'll be back. Got to get back to with Will." I left the room and headed back to the elevator.

"We're did you go?" Will asked as I was getting off the elevator and he was about to get on. " I had to go talk to dad." He I stood and didn't ask anything else. "Well I have to get back to work. I'll see you in a few. " Connor was sitting at the table I sat beside him. "How did it go?" I held his hand and placed my head on his shoulder. "Not sure really." I looked up when I saw Dr.Charles and Sarah walk over. " hey Lily." I smiled at Sarah and said hi to Dr.Charles. Sarah sat in front of me and Dr.Charles went to another table. "How is your father?" Sarah asked after taking a sip of her coffee. "He is good I think." I said looking at Connor. He went to say something but his beeper went off. "It's your father."