Chapter 10

A few weeks had past and I have been on edge. Ray hadn't shown up yet nor has he called. I took a few days off work to get my place well secured and installed a few cameras and a alarm system.

"Lily when are you coming back to work?" I read the text that was from Will. I text him back that I will be back in a few days. "When Everything is set up." I thanked the guy as he was leaving and closed and locked the doors and turn the alarms on. I stood thinking of what could happen if he came in. The buzzing from my phone snapped me from my thought and I grabbed my phone. I didn't know the number so I deleted the missed call.

I walked to my couch and started to watch tv. I herd a knock and I get my stomach drop. "He found me. No he doesn't know where I live. But he could find me some how." My mind was racing then I herd Connor voice. "Lily? Hey Lily, Will told me you were at home." I walked to the door and checked the peephole even though I knew it was Connor. I open the door slowly and told him to come in. Before I closed the door I looked out to make sure Ray didn't follow or was standing out the door way. "Lily, are you ok?" I locked the door and turn around. "Hey. Yeah fine." I lied hoping he wouldn't noticed. "We've missed you at the hospital. And Will is starting to get a little nervous." I smiled and walked past Connor to poor some wine in a glass.

"Lily, what's going on?" He was worried and I understand why but I couldn't put him or anyone else in this. It's between Ray and I. And it's something I have to fix. I put my glass down and walked towards Connor. "Listen everything's good. I will be coming back in two days. I just have to do a few things first and then I will be back." He didn't like that answer but let it be. "Come on I owe you food." I poured myself one of glass of wine and drinker it. "Fine." I grabbed my purse and then put my shoes on.

Connor took me to a restaurant. He parks his car and comes to my door before I could open it. He opens the door and extends his hand. I smile and place my hand in his. He helps me out and closes the door behind me. We walk into the building and wait for someone to seat us. "How many?" A lady with long blond hair in all black asked. "Two" Connor says we walk into the back and took a seat. Connor and I sit across from one another and a man come up to us. "Good evening, I'm Joe. I'll be server tonight. What can I get started for you." I looked at the wine menu " any sweet white please." The guys writes something down and then Connor says he will have whiskey on the rocks. We flip through the menu and see what we wanted to eat. I was in a mood for paste. The guy comes back and placed our drinks and then gets our order.

"Glad you came out Lily." I smiled at Connor and told him I was too. "This was a great idea Connor. We held each other's hands and talked until our food came out. We stayed for a good two hours talking and finished our meal. It was nice getting to know Connor more outside of work. We decided to leave the restaurant and go back. Connor took me back to my place. "Thanks for dinner Connor." I closed the door and smiled at him.

I walked into my place and notice I couldn't turn my lights on. "What the?" I thought I felt hands come around me throw me on the ground.