Chapter 2

"I can't believe your back. When did you get back?" I smiled at how excited he was. Just got back early this morning. I saw dad and Jay." How long you staying for?" I gave a small smile and told him " I'm staying." We talked for an hour and got some food. "Will." I looked up to see a woman with brown wavy hair in red scrubs walk behind Will. "Hey Nat." I smiled at Will hoping she was a girlfriend they made a cute couple. "

"Lily this is Natalie. NAT this is my baby sister Lily." I rolled my eyes as he said "my baby sister". "Little sister would have been better." I said to Will shaking Natalie hand. "It's nice meeting you. Will has told me he had a little sister. Glad we could finally meet." It was time for us to leave so Will could get back to work. "Where are you living at?" Will asked "I found a appointment not to far from here. Moving in next week." We both got up "oh my. So sorry." I said as I bumped into someone. He was cute definitely a doctor. Short black hair and blue eyes. "Oh no, your good."
"Dr.Rhodes this is my sister Lily. Lily , Dr.Rhodes." We both smile at each other. "Nice meeting you." Dr.Rhodes said. "You too." I said smiling.

Will and I walked to the elevator and waited for the doors to open. I looked back and see Dr.Rhodes talk a seat at the table we were at and see him look over to us. He smiled and then looked at his food. I laughed a little think what a school boy thing to do. "Awww someone has a little crush." Will said playing. I rolled my eyes and pushed Will a little and the doors finally opened.

We were waiting in the elevator and then Will faced me. "Lily please don't. "I looked confused at him wondering what he was talking about. "Lily Dr.Rhodes it's the nice. But he thinks he is better then everyone else. "Please don't get your hopes up." Will was very calm with his words but very serious. I thought that was strange that he said that but thought it was just a big brother thing. We walked out of the elevator and I hugged him bye and I left.

I finally got back home and Jay had left so it was only dad home. I easily walked in and hoping he wouldn't say anything. "What do you want?" I looked up and see him in one of his chairs facing the T.V. I looked down and then back to him. "Just putting my thing up dad" I knew he was upset for me leaving and not calling him. I should have been a better daughter.

"You're not staying here Lily." He got off his chair. "Dad, Jay told you I was only staying for a little while then I will be gone." I walked toward the guest room but was stopped my a hand on my shoulder. "You chose to leave, you chose to leave this family. And what you want me to welcome you back?" I was shocked by everything he was saying. But he wasn't wrong.

"Fine, I'll leave." I said grabbing my bags and headed for the door. I got into my car and left for a hotel. My father was hurt and I knew he had been holding this in since I left. I knew I hurt him. I drove down to a nice hotel and went in and asked for a room. I paid for two night hoping my dad would come to his senses. I walked to the elevator and then to my room.

It was quite. I placed my things on the floor and laid on the bed. Memories came flooding in of my time away from my family. The good and the bad. I wanted to tell my dad what really happened but I couldn't. He wouldn't ever understand and neither would my brothers. So I knew I couldn't tell anyone.

I grabbed my phone seeing it was almost seven. I was really wanting to go out and go somewhere else. "I'm going out." I said as I grabbed my purse and shoes and walked out of the hotel. I decided to head to a park that was close. It was one of my favorite ones. I crossed the street and walked into the park, a few people where here walking dogs, jogging, or riding a bike.

I walked over to bench and sat. I grabbed my phone and seen a text from Will. I open my phone and seen he was wanting to know were I was. I decided to not respond and just relax with the cool breeze hitting me in the face. Memories of my childhood was playing in my mind. Will and Jay playing ball with the kids in the streets me watching and yelling at them to win a game.

I got up from the bench and walked over to a small bridge. I could hear the water under it, and I could smell it. "I really missed this." I thought to myself. I waited a little longer and finally made my way back to the city. I walked back and the city noise was getting louder every minute and step I took. The darkness started to fade to small light from the city lights and street lights. "I'm definitely home." I smile at the thought