ChApTeR 7

Louis was laying on the floor of his bedroom. It had been cold at first, but now it was warmed up by his back. He had been lying there for about fifteen minutes already, just staring at the roof of his new bedroom. He liked it. It was made of oak wood, he thought, of course he couldn't know for sure. He had thought about it for a while, while watching the lines of the wood and their journey across the roof, the twig holes and stripes of hardened amber. He found new little details every minute, getting lost in thought.

He had been at football practice before coming home and lying down on the floor. At football practice they had started off by getting up their shape again, but at the end, they also played a game. It was fun, Louis thought. He had been paired up with Harry again.

Harry. At the thought of the boy, a pair of green eyes flashed before his own. They were pretty, honestly, the boy they belonged to was pretty too. Louis was slightly jealous, he wished he'd look that good. Harry was sweet too, he seemed slightly stuck in his own head, at the same time he seemed outgoing and kind. He had so many little quirks, Louis noticing new ones daily, and he loved food with a great passion. Not to mention that he worked at a bakery, that was just the cutest thing, he would love to see Harry work one day.

When Louis noticed his thoughts wandering away from the roof, and to Harry, he shook his head. It wasn't right, you shouldn't think of your friend like that, but honestly, Harry just seemed so perfect, he had no faults, Louis thought.

He was starting to get bored, so he sat up and took his phone out of his pocket. He opened it and stared at the screen for a second, before he found himself opening his messaging app, and clicking on Harry's name. He messaged Harry a lot the last week, he was glad to get a friend so quickly. He began typing a quick 'hi' and sent it off without even thinking. He waited a few minutes, but when there was no answer after ten minutes, he put his phone back into his pocket and went downstairs. Louis sat down at the kitchen table with a notebook and a pencil and began sketching a teddy bear.

><<>><<>><<>><<>><

Harry was sitting in his own bedroom together with Niall, who insisted on coming to him after practice. Harry had nothing against this, Niall was welcome at his place anytime, he could just walk in whenever he wanted. They had been talking about the most random things, when Niall suddenly asked something.

"You like Louis?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'm starting to see him as a friend, why?" He asked, confused by Niall's question. Niall just shook his head.

"That's not what I mean Harry. Do you like like him?" He questioned, a slight chuckle audible. Harry's eyes widened.

"What? I- I don't know, maybe... he's cute, but I feel like I haven't known him long enough. I can't lie though, he is very attractive", Harry chuckled. It was easy being open with Niall.

"I knew it!" Niall exclaimed. Harry furrowed his eyebrows

"Is it that obvious?" He had to ask. He didn't want anyone but Niall to find out.

"Nope" the Irish boy told him. "I just know you well", he continued to explain to Harry.

"Yeah, I sometimes think you know me better that I know myself", Harry said, rolling his eyes at Niall. He just scoffed.

"Of course I do", he replied like it was the most obvious thing. It was Harry's turn to scoff.

"I don't think I should develop feelings for him you know?" He asked carefully, not knowing what to expect from the other boy. Niall lifted his eyebrows.