•10•

Akaashi drove us home, as he was the only one who wasn't wasted. I sat on Kuroo's bed with him, an ice pack pressed against his bruised cheek. "I saw what you did for me" I paused for a second, thinking of what to say. He was clearly still drunk as ever. "Thank you."
"Awwwhhh no problem kittennn" he dragged and slurred his words, he learnt up to kiss my cheek but all I smelt was booze.

I thought of what Daishou said. He was probably just spreading rumours like Bokuto had said, but what if it was something more then that? I thought about it for a second but decided it was probably fake news. I got in bed next to kuroo, my head rested on his chest while my arms wrapped around his.
"Kitten you're so cute"

• | one week later | •

I stare at my painting, it's not really a painting, more of a blank canvas with a bit of blue in the corner. I'm still not sure what to paint for this stupid assignment. At first I wanted to paint my mom, but I decided not to go down that route as I still couldn't manage to talk about her without crying. "Kenma, I'm going out" kuroo says. At this time? Oh well, he's a grown man he can do what he wants. I hum in reply but I barely process the words. I stare intently at the whiteness before me.

I decided to try again tomorrow. I laid on my bed, thinking of what to do. I'd had this fantasy in my head, that I'd go to art school and be amazed and inspired by everything and everyone, but that dream was merely chimerical. I had dozens of small paintings hung around my bed, most were recreations of pictures of kuroo and me. I look at the detail and wish I could get that much inspiration into this project.

I shut my eyes slowly, my head going dizzy. I feel my shoulder relax, then my legs, and my mind as everything become fuzzy. I feel as if I'm under water while I doze off, already in a dissociated state.

I suddenly get the feeling of missing kuroo. He had been going out almost every night this week, but I hadn't paid it much mind. I missed how we used to be. In my first year, he would come to my house and comfort me when I was upset. He would read me stories from books he knew I liked, he was always a fairly good raconteur.

Im suddenly jolted awake, my eyes wide as ever. I sigh and grab my phone from my beside table. There's nothing really exciting, just a few snaps from Kuroo and his party last night. I decide to clear out my voicemails, as I had like sixty ones I hadn't heard yet.

I scrolled through them, most being from Bokuto when my phone died and he tried to get ahold of me this one time. I see one I hadn't noticed before. It was Kuroo's, from the day of our fight before I came to college.

I pressed on it.

"Hey, uh kenma... I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have said that shit uh.. I'm really drunk right now, so I'll message you tomorrow. This is just a goodnight message so I just wanted to say I love you more than life itself. Uhm.. bye" the voice recording stopped.

I smiled softly. After all I'd done, he still called to say goodnight. He really was a hopeless romantic. .

I slowly doze off now, able to sleep happy hearing him say he loved me.