Recovering

After Shinobu had finally gotten ready we left for the butterfly estate and man did we walk a marathon, it felt like an endless road.

"Shinobu-sama... How much longer til we get there?.." I asked her my legs begging me to sit down and take a break
"Not much longer now" she said plainly.

"You said that an hour ago!" I told her was she only saying that for me to keep moving? Or are we really closer now?

She sighed " Y/n-san your going to have to enhance your stamina anyway so it's best that we keep walking and train your frail little legs" she giggled as she said that last part.

Frail? Me? I think not. "Look who's talking Shinobu-sama.. Your a lot shorter than me remember.. I don't think I'm that frail compared to you.." I said with a smug smile on my face although she may be menacing she can't even pick up a proper katana so look who's talking now.

She stopped dead in her tracks and I stopped right behind her.

"Shinobu-sama? Why'd you stop? Have you finally let us rest?" I asked her

"Y/n-san... Don't forget who's stronger here.. I may be short but I can still fight you know..." She said with a creepy smile..

"S-shinobu-sama?.. I didn't mean it that way.. I mean I did! I meant we both need breaks once in a while.." I failed trying to make an excuse

"That's enough of a break for you Y/n-san.. I suggest.. You start running." She unsheathed her katana and started counting.

"Ichi... Ni..." At this point I finally processed what she said and started running although my legs felt like they were coming off I couldn't die in this world so quickly!

"S-SHINOBU-SAMA GOMEN DON'T KILL ME" I screamed as I gasped for breath. Right breathing that's what this world is mostly on about.

She chased after me quickly catching up

"Y/n-san once I catch you you'll be carrying me to the estate." She lifted her into a striking stance.

I started to take deep breaths

'Alright.. You've seen tanjiro do this it won't be too hard now, you've been through worse remember Y/n'
I exhaled and breathed deeply again my pace started to pick up and I didn't feel my fatigue getting worse it was working!

"Ara Ara..~ finally picking up the pace Y/n-san?" She leaped into the air onto a branch

'Crap!' I thought

'She's going to launch after me.. This isn't good at all...' I began to sprint running faster than I was before out of the blue I saw a shadow over head.

"E-eh?! Shit!" I dodged to my left before I saw Shinobu hit the ground and dust surround her.

'She was serious!? I get that she doesn't like being called weak but she doesn't need to kill me!' I ran trying to keep my breathing under control.

"Oh my, you dodged my attack? Not bad." She continued running after me.

Not long after her attack I began seeing Wisteria trees in the distance,
We were finally getting close.

"Nearly there aren't we? Now hurry up or else I'll stitch your mouth together." She threatened as I kept running

"GOMENASAI!" I screamed I didn't want it to end this way.

As I nearly reached the entrance I plummeted to the ground with a thud my legs finally gave in I felt exhausted, then it all went black

Shinobu's POV:
As I ran after Y/n-san they fell to the ground, I stopped right behind them.

"Ara ara... Have your legs finally given out?" I asked putting a hand to my cheek as I said it

No answer

"Have you passed out Y/n-san?" I poked them.

"Y/n-san?" I poked them again

I sighed "you were very close Y/n-san it's a shame you finally gave in I would've been impressed" slightly impressed. Seeing what they've done in the hub I wouldn't be but coming into another universe your power would be limited..

I picked them up and brought them into my estate.

Aoi: "Shinobu-sama your back! Oh? Whose that you've brought Shinobu-sama? Are they injured?" She asked Shinobu as she got closer to look at the stranger.

"Ah don't worry about Y/n-san they only collapsed, it seems I pushed their limits a bit.." She said as a beast of sweat rolled down her cheek.

Apologies sighed "Shinobu-sama you mustn't pressure people too much they might die under what your doing.." She said as she took Y/n from Shinobu's arms

"Gomen Aoi-chan please take them to the infirmary for me they're quite exhausted" she said with an apologetic close eyes smile

"Hai" she quickly said as she took you to the infirmary.

She laid you down on the bed gently, she debated weather she would change your clothes or not, she decided against it since you were only resting and would probably be leaving soon.

She left after cleaning the dust off of your body.

●==============================●

A day has passed since you'd blacked out in front of the butterfly estate

"Ugh.. Huh?.." You groaned as you sat up from where you laid

"Shinobu?.. What happened.." You said as you then sat in silence and recalled what happened.

'Darn that woman.. She'd nearly killed me..' You thought as you got down from the bed and onto the rooms floor

'Where an I now..?' You looked around the room which seemed quite familiar.

You hummed in curiously as you looked around.

"Ah! This is where the trio stayed!"  I exclaimed as I finally realized where I was.

'I really love the style in the old days.. I can't get enough of it they wouldn't mind if I explored this place right? What other harm could be laid upon me?' I thought as I walked around

No one currently seemed to be here as I looked around possibly busy outside.

I walked into what seemed to be the kitchen I quickly sneaked over to the races where I saw some onigiri on the table.

"They wouldn't mind right.." I quickly took two and stuffed one in my face I'd eat the other as I walked around.

I got outside to what looks like the place where tanjiro, zenitsu and inosuke had trained.

"Maybe I'd try training here as well before I left for the exams I'll ask Shinobu then."

As I was about to leave I heard someone clear their throat behind me, I slowly turned my head to see who it was.

"Decided to have a look around Y/n-san?" She said as she smiled.

As I swallowed the last bite of food I had in my mouth I spoke.

"A-ah.. Hai S-Shinobu-sama gomen.." I said shyly it seemed I was caught red handed.

"If you were hungry you could've looked for Aoi-chan, Y/n-san" she said to me in an authorative manner.

"Gomen.." I said again

Shinobu sighed.

"It's alright I'll let it slide, now have you thought about the branch you wish to stay in?" She questioned me as we both sat down on the porch.

"Ah.. About that Shinobu-sama I'd like to stay here while I train and create my breathing style" I told her

She held her chin in her hand as she thought.

"Well then I'll gladly accept that as long as you train hard and diligently, is that a deal?" She said and I gladly replied with.

"Hai! Arigato Shinobu-sama" I bowed to her and smiled.

'Finally getting on track' I thought.

=============================

1287 words
1/27/22