Chapter 1: The Terrible Tragedy

A.N. Written alongside PanFluidMe

Slight TW: Death

———————————————————————

Mirabel was working hard to make everyone proud of her and she was out doing as she was told. Currently, she was with some of the town's kids.

She loved to be around them. They were usually always fun. And the kids loved her too. They thought she was fun to be around.

"Mirabel! Can you get me some toys?"

"Of course!"

"¡Gracias!"

"¡De nada!"

The kids clapped happily and full of excitement. Mirabel smiled at the excited kids. It was adorable.

They were all so excited and energetic. Mirabel looked around and spotted each and every one of her family members to see what they were doing.

Camilo was playing with a small handful of kids, shifting about every three seconds to make them laugh.

Mirabel smiled at that and looked over at Luisa, who was rounding up the donkeys yet again. Then Mirabel looked over at Isabela.

Isabela was exploring some with her new gift, splashing power onto her and other people's clothes. Everybody seemed to be okay with it, as they were all laughing and smiling, which made Mirabel smile to herself. Yes, everything was as it should be. And she needed something to do.

"All right, kids, follow me!" She led the kids over to Camilo. "Hey, Camilo, can you watch these kids for a bit? I have something I need to do."

"Of course!" Camilo said cheerfully.

"¡Gracias, mi primo!" Mirabel said before walking off towards her house.

"De nada." He waved and looked at the now larger group of kids.

Mirabel hummed as she walked.

She got closer to the house when she heard something moving around in a nearby bush. She stopped and looked at the bush for a moment before continuing on, dismissing it as an animal. Then she felt something grab her leg.

Mirabel looked down to see a hand gripping her leg. She screamed. She was pulled down onto the ground.

She went down with a yelp. She looked around, frightened.

"Shhh."

Mirabel felt her breathing quicken. She didn't listen to the voice and screamed out for help, "help!"

She was pulled into the bushes. She screamed again as she was dragged into the bushes.

She was dragged farther away from her home.

"Help!" She screamed out again, not sure if anyone could hear her.

"Shut up."

Mirabel hoped somebody had heard her cries for help as the man dragged her further away from her home.

Dolores perked up when she heard her youngest cousin calling out for help. She sounded terrified. Dolores was right next to Isabela, who had notice her perk up as if she heard something really important.

"Dolores?"

Dolores snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Isabela with a panicked expression. "Mirabel's in trouble!"

"What?" Isabela tried not to yell as not to hurt Dolores' ears.

"I heard her screaming for help! She sounded terrified!" Dolores exclaimed quietly.