Far Away.

A/N: I'm sorry I suck and haven't updated.. I started two new stories but a new chapter is coming soon after this one!

THEO'S POV:

    I hate that they're gone.. I mean my sister mostly. I know my dad is used to this kind of stuff, traveling and stuff, but I hate the Violet is gone mostly because it feels like she's back with him. I have to keep reminding myself that she's safe.. I also feel for my mom right now. I know that she's strong. I can tell, especially after having read some of her song journals. My dad snagged a lot of them before he left with Vi, but I had been sneaking them for a while now, just reading here and there, and it always makes me feel bad even though we have permission to do so.. I know my mom is strong, but I know she doesn't like this.

    "Mom.." I call her name out as she sits at the piano in our living room. She's playing and I don't like stopping her when she plays because she's really that good.. It's mesmerizing. She's playing that one song by her friend Adele. Make you feel my love. She plays that one a lot.

    "Hey.. Come sit with me." She moves over on the piano bench, and despite me being ready to leave I move towards her, and set my things down on the couch, sitting with her. "I know you're about to leave.. You don't have to stay long." She tells me, and I shake my head.

    "Don't worry about it mom.. I like playing with you." I tell her, and start playing the low chords of that same song. I learned it from hearing her play it so often. She plays the melody over me, and we play together, and I see a smile spread across her face. She's incredibly youthful my mom.. I've seen pictures of her.. She and my dad when they were younger, and she hasn't aged hardly at all. Neither has my dad really, they both look really good.

    "Are you meeting that girl?" She asks me, and my smile falters a bit.

    "I haven't really heard much from Eloise.. I don't know.. But I've just been working on a lot of stuff, and with Uncle E too.. It's okay if she's not there." I tell my mom, and she nods.

    "Your dad when we were younger was just like you.. He was very closed off, and to himself, and you were a lot like me too. Scared of a lot.. But I see him in you everyday.. Just don't be afraid to wear your heart on your sleeve alright?" She asks me, and I nod despite the fact that I'm far too nervous all the time to be able to do that like she can.. Like my dad can. I'm not that person like they are.

    "Alright mom." I agree, not sharing my thoughts with her. It's not that I don't want to be honest with my mom, it's that there's no reason to because right now there's no Eloise to share with.. My dad told me the same thing before he left with Violet, but I assume he didn't share that with mom.. Either way. "Are you okay?" I ask her, and she nods.

    "I am.. I miss your dad though.. Used to, before we had you and Violet we spent a lot of time away from each other, and together.. It was easier back then but since.. Well since you guys we haven't really been apart for very long. Maybe a week at a time, not much more than that.. It feels weird having him out of the house." She tells me, and I nod.

    "I'm sorry they left.. I feel like it's my fault." I admit.

    "No Theo.. Not at all. This is something that needed to happen, Violet needed to go, and she needs your dad there.. I'm glad they're together." She tells me, and gives me a smile that makes me feel safe. "Go on to the studio. I'll be here when you get home.. Maybe invite Dani over for dinner or something?" She asks me, and I nod.

    "Sure mom." I tell her, giving her a tight smile. I stand up, and grab my things. "I'll text you when I'm on my way." I tell her, and she nods, going back to the piano.