When The World Stopped Moving.

A/N: This is my fav chapter so far. Also please be nice to Violet.. I know that we're trying to protect Cherry but you know miss Darlene does everything for a reason. Good things come with time besties!

VIOLET'S POV:

    Just as my eyes open I find myself staring at the window. The curtains are open. I see the street outside. I see the sun up in the sky.. I always see it every single morning, and no matter how I feel like it will be, how I think it will make me feel.. It always feels the same.

When it's late out, and it's dark, and there's no one around I find myself saying.. "I wish the sun was in the sky.. I'd feel better if it wasn't this dark, and lonely." Then when the sun comes up you realize you're just as lonely, and it's just as dark inside your head no matter the sun.

    "Hey Vi..." My mom knocks on my door, and I flinch at the sound of her banging. She didn't mean to, I know she didn't.. How could she, how could she ever do something wrong?

    "Hey what..." I ask back, not raising my voice too much.

    "I thought we could all ride together to your graduation today, is that okay?" She asks from the other side of the door, and I sigh, knowing she didn't hear it. I think I would rather do anything else than go to that school and graduate today.. Especially not with my mom and dad there... I guess with them at least no one will be looking at me... But he will, because he's graduating too.

    "I don't care. Whatever works." I brush it off, knowing I wont be getting out of this no matter what. Maybe seeing him today will make him realize something.. Maybe seeing him today will make me realize something. I don't think I've ever been more confused in my entire life than I am right now. I just don't know how to feel about anyone or anything.

    I get up, that's always the first step.. It seems to always be the hardest too. I go to my bathroom, and brush my teeth as well as shower.. I open the bathroom door, letting the steam out. I take my hand and swipe it across the mirror, removing the steam from it so I can stare at myself. The pink is faded, it makes me look far worse. I reach my fingers up to touch the bruise that's turning somewhat yellow right on my cheekbone, and before I can look for too long I feel a tear slip out of my eye. I can't go back there.. To him... But if I don't....

    "Violet!" I hear Theo scream, and I jump, grabbing onto the counter as I catch the breath he just stole.

    "Why the fuck are you screaming you bitch?" I yell from my bathroom.

    "I could ask you the same thing!" He yells from outside my door.

    "You started it!" I yell louder.

    "No yelling in my house!" My dad passes by I assume.

    "Says you!" Both Theo and I scream at once. I find myself smiling, but I let it disappear once I look up again, remembering the way I look.

    "Vi, Dani is about to be here. Do you care or.." He asks me, bringing his voice down.

    "Why is she coming?" I ask, holding my towel to my body as Theo stands on the other side of my locked bedroom door.

    "Well not only is her girlfriend graduating but you are too... and despite what you may believe Dani cares about you, and she loves you... and she misses you too." He tells me, and I feel that gross warmth in my chest.. The kind that makes me sweat sometimes, and the kind that makes me feel like I might throw up because of emotions. I shudder, and shake my head.

    "Sure I don't care..." I shrug. "But if she's going to come in here with me , you're not invited." I tell him. He doesn't say another word so I go to my closet that is decently vacant considering I left half of it at his house... I didn't mean to, I just left in a hurry...