Ch 19: Divorce Meeting

Ok so here's the update,
ENJOY

T

wo days later…

"Hi." Harveymumbled as he ducked into the lawyer's office.

"Hi." Pepper mumbled back, clearing her throat and looking at the files she had in her hands.
Harvey scratched a little at his head and pointed towards the empty seat near Pepper.

"Can I stay there?" He asked and continued scratching at his head awkwardly.

Pepper nodded and bit her lower lip. She had had the fain impression that that day would be awkward, but paid no mind because she knew in her heart that it was the right thing to do.

"When were we supposed to meet with them?" He asked.

Pepper glanced at her classy watch for a moment and pretended to think about his question.

"About fifteen minutes ago. Maybe they got caught in traffic. It's terrible at this hour."

"Ah. Yeah, it is."

Pepper tapped her foot impatiently on the floor, silently praying that the lawyers would be there faster. That would make her so happy, especially if they'd take away all the awkwardness floating between them

After a few minutes Harvey spoke.

"Will you marry that guy?"

Pepper seemed flabbergasted as she turned her face towards Harvey. She looked him in his eyes, seeing more than just hurt in them. She thought for a moment that there was betrayal in them as well.

"I don't know. I might." She answered honestly, because right now she was so tired of everything.

"Is he perhaps… younger than me?"

The redhead bit her lip again. She didn't feel like answering those meaningless questions, but if that would make Harvey feel happier, she'd be happy to answer them.

"No he's not." She whispered. Tony was two years older than Harvey, but ten times more attractive than he was.

"Have you slept with him?"

The question hung in the air for approximately fifteen seconds before the office door opened, revealing their lawyers: Greg Paulson and Eva Johnson. Greg was Harvey's lawyer, and Eva Pepper's. Eva was forty-two, but looked as if she was about thirty, and Greg was forty.

"Hello, Mr. Ross, Mrs. Ross."

"Hello." They both said at the same time.

Greg offered his hand for Harvey to shake it, and then kissed Pepper's hand. Eva just smiled politely before taking a seat.

"So… have you two talked about the details?" Greg asked them as he sat down on the other chair.
"We have." Pepper said and looked over at Harvey who said nothing.

Instead he nodded faintly before listening to their lawyers.

After perhaps half an hour, the meeting was over. The details were settled and the divorce papers were safely placed inside Pepper's Vuitton purse.

As they descended the stairs Pepper noticed a very familiar man waiting for her, arms crossed and leaning against a silver Audi.

She swallowed hard as sweat began to form at the base of her neck.

She steeled her nerves and wiped her sweaty palms on her suit pants.

Tony had been waiting for her for about ten minutes until she showed up.