11 • Flashback

Todoroki Shouto was around eight years old when he first met her. The bumping of a ball against his backyard fence caught his attention, looking for a crack in the planks to peek to the other side where a little girl tried to entertain herself bouncing a tenis ball against the wall. Yet he was too shy to try and talk to her, too introverted since the very beginning.

It wasn't until she found out there was another child in the house next door that she tried peeking over the fence to meet him and since the first moment she asked for his name, (y/n) had been the curious one, the one always reaching out first to ask him about his day and try to engage in a friendship.

It was her idea to sneak into his backyard to play together while her parents weren't at home. It was her idea to tie his double colored hair into two ponytails while giggling her head off and he stood there in confusion.

As their encounters became almost a daily habit, he started to grow fond of her, he started to look for her, peek over the fence and throw rocks at her window to get her attention and invite her over.

He started to get curious about her house but she quickly stated her parents were too strict to let anyone inside the property and that's why she would sneak out to play with him instead of inviting him over.

Neighbors and close friends.

By nine years old, they would sneak out to ride their bikes along the river just before her parents came back home.

By ten years old Shouto would start refusing to be her hair mannequin for her weird hairstyles but agreed to play as her husband when she wanted to imagine her future life in another country like the ones she saw on movies.

By eleven they would find random places to claim as their secret spots to hide from their parents whenever Shouto's father would get aggressive but his constant training would lessen the time he was able to sneak out with her.

By twelve she gave him his first kiss without really realizing how important it would be. She would watch romantic movies and the kiss was always represented as such an important scene, just right before the I love yous and the I miss yous that sounded so pure. She pecked his lips behind an old tree before rushing back into her house, leaving his entire face red as a cherry.

By thirteen it became harder to see each other when they went to different schools and they were forced into extra courses, not to mention Shouto's strict hero training but they would still find ways to communicate until they got their first cellphones and conversations would take hours of their nights of sleep.

By fourteen... She was gone.

וווו×

Author's note: this couple is so freaking cute