In Bloom (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Food," she answered simply. She made eye contact with the driver and nodded for him to pull off.

I snickered, "you're always thinking about food."

It was true, that night we got to Jamaica, I spent the night with her. It was her suggestion and I didn't mind it, I needed to take my mind off of Megan anyway. We just talked, nothing more. She ended up cutting our conversation short to order room service at three in the morning.

She shot me a playful glare, "says the person who was chewing on gristle the first time we met. Had already ate the damn chicken bones clean!"

"Now you're exaggerating. I don't chomp on gristle, I'm not an animal," I argued.

"Whatever, big baby."

We continued our playful banter until we arrived at Bonfire Wings, a popular wing spot in Houston.

"Normani," I looked at her unimpressed.

"What? Can you get out and order for me please? I want a six piece combo of bonfire hot."

I looked at her like she was crazy, this was no way to treat her guest.

"I thought we were going somewhere fancy or something," I chuckled.

"I want chicken wings. Plus, you ain't dressed for no fancy restaurant," she said as she looked me up and down, "you got on a hoodie and a pair of them dick print sweatpants the boys be wearing."

She wasn't wrong, but us meeting up was not planned in advance. I only asked to hang out once I found out Pardi was flying in.  I had been staying at Megan's house the last couple days which wasn't uncommon, so I had been wearing random things in her closet. Today's outfit being a maroon Texas Southern hoodie and the Nike "dick print pants" with a pair of maroon Nike dunks.

Megan's collaboration with Nike was working in my favor because it ended in a lot of free gifts that she got for me.

"Why can't he get it?" I gestured to the driver.

"Yeah, sure. Let the big, scary, strong man get out of the truck and leave us in here to fend for ourselves. Hell no. Come on, please. No one knows who you are. Well-," she looked down and scratched her neck with an expression like she knew she said the wrong thing. Guess she's seen the blogs too.

I sighed, "Fine. I got it."

I wanted her to feel bad for what she said so I got out of the car quickly and closed the door a little harder than was needed. Truth be told, what she said didn't bother me. It wasn't her fault that I had become an overnight sensation as Mrs.StealYoGirl. I just wanted to throw a fit because I enjoy the theatrics.

I went in and ordered for us both, but when I handed the cashier my card, he did a double take when he saw my name on it.

"Y/N? Like...the girl in the blogs, Y/N?" His mouth hung open like he'd just met a celebrity, and I was far from it.

Lord help us all. I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose, "please just get me my wings."

"I'm not gonna make a huge deal about it," he said in an assuring tone as he swiped my card. I couldn't even think of how to express my gratitude.

He handed my card back and leaned a bit closer, "between you and me...all that shit Megan be talking in her songs about her-you know...is it true?" He whispered.

I didn't even answer, just walked away to the other line of people waiting to get their order. Suddenly, I was happy I was wearing this hoodie. I pulled the hood over my head and yanked the strings to conceal more of my face.