F I N A L E

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

november 15th, 2020
the 1 year anniversary

Amie hums along to 'She's So Lovely' as she straightens her hair, listening to Aaliyah and Charlotte screech the lyrics as they walk in and out of her room with outfit suggestions. She eventually settled on a velvet red dress, Charlotte scavenging through her hoards of shoes to find those black cowboy boots she hadn't worn yet.

Aaliyah helped finish her hair whilst Amie started on her makeup, 'Not Nineteen Forever' by Courteeners playing through the speaker on her desk. Brandon was standing in the doorway staring at Amie creepily, being dragged out of the way by Charlotte who had finally found the cowboy boots she was looking for.

Once her hair and makeup was done, Amie kicked her flatmates out of her room and got dressed, adding her favourite gold earrings and 'B' necklace that Billy got her for her 19th birthday. 

"There she is lookin' all sexy." Aaliyah wolf-whistles her as she walks out of her room.

Over the last few months her confidence had built up massively, she was no longer afraid of offending someone with the way she dressed or how she acted around them, she was finally the best version of herself. 

She didn't know whether it was because she just decided to ignore the constant stares from people and felt herself getting adrenaline whenever she'd argue with them, or whether it was because Billy treated her like she was the only girl on earth worthy of his attention.

Her relationship with Billy became a lot more serious over the last few months, with Billy finally standing up for himself and Amie to her father and actually earning his approval. There was also the one time he punched Brandon for trying to get handsy with his girlfriend, making Brandon swear blind he'd never harass her again.

Now they'd approached the 1-year mark, and despite the fact Billy had trained during the day and would be exhausted the second he left, he swore he would take Amie out for dinner. Little to her knowledge, he was planning on doing something else at the same time, and he was more than prepared for it.

"Alright well I'm off because he's downstairs, don't wait up!" Amie beams, slipping a cardigan on as she left the flat. She met Billy in the lobby of her student accommodation and let her mind wander to distasteful places when he kissed her softly, intertwining their hands whilst holding his cheek.

"Someone's in a good mood." Billy smiles as they walk out to his car.

"Because my boyfriend looks hella' fine in a suit." Amie beams, tucking some of her hair behind her ear as she sat in the passenger seat.

Billy took hold of her hand as he drove, pressing a kiss to her knuckles every now and then whilst Amie focused on their surroundings. He felt nervous, patting his pants pocket every time they stopped at a red light to make sure that the black velvet box was still in there and hadn't magically disappeared in the last few minutes.

They arrived at the restaurant 20 minutes later, Amie's eyes going wide when she realised it was the same place they met and the exact same table too. It hadn't changed in the last year and a half, there were still plenty of rich young people dotted around drinking gin and it still made her feel weird being back here.

"Cute." Amie laughs as they're seated.

"Figured why not, at least this time my friends aren't here." Billy laughs, rearranging his hair with one hand and the other fiddling with the black velvet box.

They spent the evening laughing, drinking a few pints, talking about their future, singing stupid songs and overall annoying absolutely everybody in the restaurant around them. They ate the same thing they had the night they met, ordered the same drinks and the same dessert which came when Amie decided to nip to the bathrooms for a minute or so.

"Hands off Gilmour." Amie laughs when she sees him eyeing up her ice cream.

"Speaking of." Billy continues as she sits down, swallowing the lump of nerves in his throat. He moves out of his seat and stands beside the table for a second, Amie looking at him with furrowed eyebrows before he gets down on one knee and takes hold of her hand.

"Before you say anything, and I mean it, don't say anything, I have thought this through in my head countless times for the last 3 months. I've been calling you my future fiance for a year now, and I think it's about time I start calling you future wife instead, so, Amie-Lou Monet, will you be the future Mrs Gilmour?" Billy asks, opening the box to reveal the dainty engagement ring inside. 

Her other hand was slapped across her mouth in shock, staring down at her Scottish boyfriend with tears in the corners of her eyes. Billy felt sick as he waited for her reaction, everyone in the restaurant completely silent as they also waited for her to say yes.

"Of course I will!" Amie smiles, wiping the corners of her eyes as he slips the ring on her finger. She stands to her feet as he does too, wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing a passionate kiss to his lips with pure excitement in her veins.

"I love you." Billy grins.

"I love you so so much."

♡♡♡