O N E

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

september 10th, 2019
the first date

 AMIE-LOU MONET wasn't the type of girl to go out and meet someone off the bat, she'd convinced herself since she was a kid that love finds its way to you rather than you having to search for it. Maybe she watched one too many Disney Princess films as a child, but she refuses to believe that's the reason why.

She wasn't exactly the prettiest of girls, she remembers the first week after moving to England she went to school and all the boys looked at her and laughed. Name's were thrown around, mostly those involving some sort of nod to the colour of her hair, and since then she firmly believed that British Boys were nothing but annoying.

Growing up in France things were a little different, the small village she came from had just over 600 people living there, so she grew up with a small number of friends and barely any of them were boys. She'd been told by her older brother countless times that her confidence in talking to them would get better when she got older, but it definitely hadn't.

She left Rochefort-en-Terre when she was 13 with her parents, ELODIE MONET and ANTOINE MONET, older brother LEONARDO MONET and her family dog BANDIT MONET and came to London, where she'd been for the last 5 years now. Her English was still a little rusty but she could speak it well and not have any issues, even with her accent which had faded massively for the most part.

After completing her GCSE's, in which she passed French with an A*, and her A-Levels which consisted of English Literature, English Language and Textiles, she was attending University to hopefully one day become a Journalist. 

Leonardo had begged her for ages to become a Sports Journalist, something he wanted to pursue but couldn't because he was too scared of his parent's disapproval. Their disapproval only spurred Amie on, choosing the A-Levels they didn't want her to choose and the degree they didn't want to do either.

Now here Amie sat in her dorm room with her two flatmates CHARLOTTE HARRISON and AALIYAH CAMPBELL, listening to them argue over what to do with her hair whilst she listened. She had very reluctantly agreed to go on a blind date after listening to them complain about her being a constant third-wheel for weeks. 

Maybe Amie was just trying to prove to her brother that she had the confidence to speak to lads considering he had deemed her the '40-year-old Virgin' in front of his friends once. She remembered the way they laughed at her, she felt so small and belittled that she walked away and cried her eyes out in the bathrooms of her school for the rest of her lunch break.