Chapter 10

"Baby, kamusta ka?

I miss you."

😢😢😢

After ten years, she finally texted me.

I dialled her number. I wanna hear her voice.

But she cancel it.

😔😔😔

I understand.

She is in the hospital, in intensive care unit to be specific.

Yung pagtext niya lang ay patago na nga eh. She really cannot answer my call unless gusto niyang mapagalitan ng nurse.

It's been three weeks since Tiyang Floring, her aunt, an ovarian cancer patient went home from London.

Noong una I sincerely hoped na umuwi siya ng Pinas.

After three decades of working nonstop that eventually led to her being sick, she really needs to go home, no matter what happens, at least she's already home.

Pero,

Who would have thought na mangyayari to?

The hospital in England where she was confined coordinated with Asian Hospital Medical Center in Alabang.

Naconvince na siya finally to continue the medication here. Pero ang naging problema ay kung sino ang magbabantay.

Jessica's relatives had a hard time taking turns.

Only limited people are allowed.

Bawal ang senior citizen. Only two of Nanay Fe's sibling ang hindi pa above 60 year old. Tita Rida and Tito Nanding.

So Tito Nanding is out na kasi the other thing to consider is only females from the family lang ang puwede since the patient is a woman at wala rin namang siyang asawa.

So the job was passed on to the nieces.

Tita Rida can only visit her once a week because she has a mini grocery na hindi niya pinagkakatiwala sa iba ang pagbabantay.

Kyla, her cousin is working in a hospital in Makati. Nurse siya and is well suited for the task pero every Thursday lang siya nakakapagbantay that is her restday.

Mafe is helping pero she is required to do task for the local government because she is a scholar. Kasama ang community service sa need niyang gawin. Magpapasko na rin kaya they are now packing the pamaskong handog which will be distributed sa buong municipality.

She will lose the scholarship she will not comply.

Yung ibang pamangkin kundi minors, may mga asawa at anak na.

And since Jessica ticked all those requirements, and were residing pa near the hospital,

😩😩😩

Dun na siya halos nakatira.

Ever since her Aunt went home, Jessica rarely goes home.

Alternate naman ang setup nila.

Jessica is MWF, and nagpapalitan si Kyla, Tita Rida at Mafe sa TTHS.