Clarification

"Goodnight, Miss y/ln."

Snape closed his eyes and rested along the coarse pine trunk, long hair floating gently with the breeze blowing.

"Miss y/ln," Snape's voice delays you to the real world from your dream. "It's time to go."

You rub your eyes, frown when you feel the pain in your bottom lip, "What time is it?"

"Almost 6:30," he said coldly. "We must get back before others wake."

You nod, trying to get up but feel a sudden dizzy, and you are falling down to the ground with your brain completely blank.

Snape wraps his arms around you to prevent you from hitting the ground. You fall right on him, which throws him off balance but quickly his hand is on the tree and the chaos ends. 

You feel a strong headache, and coldness through your entire body. You put your hand on your forehand to help relieve the pain, but you feel blazing hot. 

Snape gently removes your hand, narrowing his eyes when he feels the high fever you have gotten, "Miss y/ln, will you be able to walk?"

You nod, but this little movement has causes the dizzy feeling becomes even stronger. 

Snape sighs, anxiety full of his voice, "I shouldn't have let you stay here last night."

"Grab my arm," demands him. 

Your brain is not even processing under the feeling of toppling, listen to him and grab his left arm that holds you tight. 

He suddenly carries you up, flicks his wand at the extinguished fire and so it disappears as if it has not existed at all. You gasp, shrink your pupils and shout, "I thought you were going to apparate!" 

"I bet it has escaped your notice that we cannot use Apparition on Hogwarts ground," he answers, walking toward the castle with you in his arms who is frustrating that the risk you two might be seen.

"What if they see us—I mean, walking out from the Dark Forest?"

"Surely they will not put you in difficult situations if you are so sick."

He glares at you with fury in his dark eyes, "But then again, fifty points will be taken from y/h for breaking curfew and staying out in the Forbidden Forest at night."

You yell, "Hey!"

He covers your mouth with his left hand, "If you wished to be seen, clearly this would be a good idea."

You just want to bite his hand but held back, calling on a curse secretly on taking Slytherin five hundred points.

Snape smirks, "Never call a curse on me, or you take pride in cursing—"

"I'm sorry!" You cut him off with a terse, ironic apology, glare at him harshly. "I apologize for whatever I did!"

He glances at you playfully and strikes toward the Hogwarts castle.

The following events are simple, you drank Pepperup Potions under the menacing glare of Snape and the strict smile of Madam Pomfrey, and you go back to your classes as normal.

You are still reading Living With Legilimens: Choose Your Minds Wisely in the Defence Against the Dark Arts class, Snape seems to ignore you completely that Lynn has been so confused why he is not being tough on you today. 

You see Lynn is trying to avoid direct eye contact with you. You are curious and finally you speak out your question, "What's going on? Why you are not looking at me today?"

Lynn lifts her head up, quickly looks at you and then looks back down, "Nothing."

"You have something to ask me, don't you?"

Lynn frowns, "I didn't know you know Legilimency, too, y/n!"

"What is it, just say it out! We are best friends, aren't we?"

Lynn seems to make up her mind for a long time, then she looks directly into your eyes, "Y/n, I wonder why did Snape hold you for the entire night until this morning."

You are shocked by her words and have no answer.  

You finally open your mouth after you bite your lip that has been just cured hours ago, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, what did he do to you? For holding you that long? You have skipped both dinner and breakfast!"

"There's nothing between us, Lynn!" You want to yell, but quiet down by Snape's sudden slap on the student's desk with his book.

"'Us'? What do you mean by 'us'?"

"Lynn!" you scowl. "Don't misunderstand things! He, he just—"

"That's all you are capable of?" Snape's voice appears right behind you two and both of you turn in startle, but Snape seems to teach other students without even facing you.

"—He made me clean all the floors and shelves," you continue after a while, "sort out all the books, copy all the spells, and—"

"Can you stop lying? You are looking at the door all the time and you don't even dare to look at me!" 

"I'm telling the truth!" you start to get angry by Lynn's forceful words, there is nothing between you and Snape anyways. "Is this what called friends? With barely any trust?" 

"Trust? Do you have trust in me? When did I say there's something between you two? It was you who thought I misunderstood one single normal detention. I was simply asking you about what he did TO you, not WITH you. I was concerned and worried about you the entire night, you know? And now you spit it out yourself that there is actually something! 

You look at Snape in shock, Snape looks away with no words.

That was what he actually warns you about! 

You feel like you are an idiot, now you really don't have any explanation to clarify. Lynn didn't even look at you for the rest of the morning, you are sitting on the bench by yourself during lunch.

You look down to your plate, have no interest in the potato you got today. Suddenly, you remember the Herbology homework from yesterday which you haven't touched at all. 

You look at your fork.