five

➶︎ CONSEQUENCES OF OVER-WORKING !

➶︎ CONSEQUENCES OF
OVER-WORKING !

     "THEODORE, THEODORE, THEODORE." 

     She chants his name like a prayer, whispering it into the moonlight as she looked up dizzily at the boy in front of her. 

     "Yes, i'm here—i'm here," Reassured the boy, crouching down to her fallen form as he ran his fingers in circles on her arm, kissing the palm of her hand, knowing she tend to believe physical reassurance more than verbal.

     The said boy looked at her with broken eyes, knowing that Evangeline's crazed state of mind was because due to overwork. 

     She had always done this, in fact. Breaching to all the new branches her mother's magic can take her, pushing past her limit in ambition to search for every aspect of magic her broad curse can do. And then—when her limit reaches a point of no return, she's go mad, and by mad she'll mean all sorts of crazy. And though Theodore will never let her know, she looked exactly like her aunt, Bellatrix, when these episodes happen. 

     "Evangeline—"

     "Vela~" She sang lightly, giving a small giggle—one far too innocent for someone like her—and a smile at the boy, looping her hands on her fiancé's neck. 

     "Evie—"

     "Ah-hah!" She pouted, covering his mouth with her palm, "It's Vela—Evangeline's too longgg.."

     Theodore sighed, not because of her crazed antics, but rather because these antics of hers are the only moments that she'd let herself be who she was supposed to be—a child.

     He looped his hands under her knees, carrying her up as she whined a bit. 

     "Stay still, Vela."

     "Where are you taking me?"

     "Your bedroom."

     "No offense, mister, but I am not ready for—"

     "No!"

     "No need to shout.."

     "I meant no, Vel, i'm not taking you to—to do such...improper atrocities. I'm just fulfilling my role as your fiancé and bringing you to bed safely."

     "Really," He finalized, pushing the door open as he brings her down to her bed, tucking her blanket before going to undo her hairdo. 

     "Your gaze seems familiar." Evangeline started, still in her mental state.

     "Really?"

     "Mhm."

     "And what exactly does my gaze remind you of?"

     "Mmmm—ah! It reminds me of the look my mom used to give to the portrait of my father, but happier."

     They were silent after that, but both thought differently from each other. One pondered over the conversation, while the other just had their gaze in the clouds, forgetting all there was to this conversation.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

short chapter but I decided to
spare you guys from angst and 
write fluff for you all as a gift
for Chinese New Year.

We will also ignore the fact that 
this chapter is 5 days late because
my dumb ass forgot to post it.