Prologue I

Hare Krishna people! This is not directly connected with the main story, I have just summarised the story of Kamsa. This part just states that how powerful the villain is. So basically here the evil prince is trying to conquer the whole of world. And in the next chapter, he conquers heaven. Okay I have broken the suspense and I apologise. So here the backstory of the villain starts:

When the ocean of milk was being churned, a demon, namely Kaalnemi battled Lord Vishnu. (Incase you don't know about this tale, you may refer to 8th canto of Shrimad Bhagavatam, or I will be writing about this in a seperate book, check my account for that).

Since Vishnu is unbeatable, the fight stole the life of Kaalnemi. Then Shukracharya, the guru of athiests, used his mystical powers to revive Kaalnemi.

With a deep intention of revenge, the demon went to Mandrachal moutain and performed severe penance to please Lord Brahma, the very first being in universe. He performed penance for about 1,33,22,500 human years. Lord Brahma was pleased with the austerity and appeared in front of the demon, to see a person whose bones were visible. Kaalnemi became so thin! Kaalnemi, on seeing the four-headed Brahma spoke out his desire to get a benediction:

" O Lord Brahma, I want you to give me a boon. I want to be immortal. No one should cause my death."

Hearing the following words from evil lips of Kaalnemi, Lord Brahma spoke the following words:

"O demon, you have asked for benediction which is impossible for me to give to you. I am not immortal, hence cannot make you immortal. Ask for something else"

Kaalnemi paused and thought for a while. He then said:

"O Lord, I would like you to bless me that no demigod should be cause of my death."

Lord Brahma replied:

"This benediction is very difficult to attain. You will surely get it, but after some time. Trust me, Kaalnemi, my words never turn out to be false"

---------------Hare Krishna----------------------

This demon took birth from the womb of Padmavati, wife of Ugrasena. He was named Kamsa. In his childhood, he used to wrestle with very strong and huge fighters.

Once upon a time, Ruler of Magadh, Jarasandh, with an intention to rule Mathura, invaded the city. Jarasandh was a very powerful ruler and he had an elephant, named Kuvalyapeed, who had power of 1000 elephants. The mighty intoxicated elephant was a threat to many strong rulers. The elephant was set free from Jarasandh's kingdom and smashing many moutains in its way, the elephant reached the battlefield of Kamsa. At that time Kamsa was busy wrestling. Seeing the elephant, the wrestlers, out of fear, escaped the scene. Kamsa, getting pissed off with the interruption, grabbed the trunk of elephant and tossed the animal. Then he, trying to show-off his unlimited power, held the elephant with his two hands and threw it where Jarasandh's army was, which was far away from Kamsa. Impressed with power of Kansa (and also a bit afraid) Jarasandh handed the hands of his two daughters, Asti and Prapti to the demon as a token of peace.

He loved duelling. Blinded by pride, he was always ready to show off his talent and was ever-ready to wrestle. Indeed he was very powerful. Once, he approached the unbeatable five sons of King Maheshmati. The names of the sons are as follows- Chanoora, Mushtik, Koot, Shal and Toshal. They were very skilled and powerful. Kansa proposed the following condition,
"O sons of King Maheshmati, wrestle with me, if I lose I will become your servant forever. But if you lose, you have to render service unto me"

They started the match, Chanoor charged towards Kamsa but was tossed on earth soon. At that very second, Mushtik entered the scene. Kamsa, filled with rage, punched Mushtik, leaving the victim wounded. In a similar way, the evil prince of Mathura, Kamsa defeated all the brothers and successfully made them their servant.

Then Narad Muni, a great devotee of Lord, appeared. He advised Kamsa to go to Pravarshana moutain. There, he met Dvivid, a Monkey-like demon. He fought with Dvivid for 20 days. This battle was very fierce. Once Dvivid threw a hill but Kamsa dogded. Then, Dvivid attempted to punch Kamsa. But, Kamsa literally sprang up to the sky, successfully dodging the move. Kamsa, following the monkey, caught hold of him and tossed on the earth. The prince won the match, leaving the monkey badly wounded. This was how Dvivid became his servant.

He further went to Rishyamook forest, where he met with Keshi, a demon in the body of a horse.

Kamsa soon defeated the mighty horse and made the animal his servant.

In this way, the prince of Mathura went to Mahendra mountain. Kamsa, mad about his prowess, lifted up the mountain for about 100 times. Lord Parshuram, who had killed the evil rulers 21 times and established peace, was residing there. He is an avatar of Lord Vishnu. Lord Parshuram was enraged seeing this act of foolishness. His eyes were red with anger and he was very much effulgent. The prince, realising his mistake, started offering obisences repeatedly to the angry Lord. Lord Parshuram's rage cooled down a bit. He spoke as follows:

"O son of monkey, you are as weak as a mosquito. You are blinded by your false ego. O evil one, your death is written in my hands now."
By speaking the following words, Lord Parshuram pointed towards a mighty bow and further spoke,

"See, O Blinded one, this mighty bow. This bow was given to Lord Shiva (the three-eyed servant of Lord) by Lord Vishnu to kill Tripurasur. And, I got this bow from Lord Shiva to free Mother Earth from the burden of demoniac rulers. Now, if you can set this bow then its great, but if unseccessful, you will lose your life."

Lord Parshuram

Lord Parshuram