Chapter 5: One of them.

«───────────────»

? POV

I sat next to the new stranger and watched at how she would hiss every now and then when the piece of glass was plucked out of her bloody wound.

When i saw the man stabbing her repeatedly, i shot him. I could have shot her too but i couldnt bring myself to do it.

I might have a expressionless face but i am definitely not a sadistic psychopath. I don't kill innocents.

After boss was done dressing her wounds, i watched her every move.

I frowned. I fucked up real bad today. I let the man escape. I can't believe i let down all my friends and boss.

"Hey darling, what's your name?"

Asked my dorky friend. The woman slowly glanced at him, visibly insecure.

"Elina."

"Oh nice, I'm Harry."

"I am Teddy. The leader."

"And I'm Jack."

All of them including Teddy introduced themselves.

I expected her to look at me, waiting for my reply but she didn't even spare a glance at me.

Okay then, i won't introduce myself.

Then Teddy gave me a sharp look. I finally gave up and introduced myself.

"I'm Edward."

She slightly nodded and continued staring into a blank space.

"Did you kill both the men?"

Teddy questioned us as he switched back to his boss mode.

"No. Only one."

Harry replied sending a threatening look towards me.

I must explain them what actually happened back there.

"Explain."

Teddy spoke in a low voice. I cleared my throat before answering.

"Harry and Jack were chasing one man while i was chasing another. But in the process of running, some wild dogs started chasing me out of nowhere. I'm in mood to become a rabies patient and you clearly mentioned no killing of animals, so i had to get rid of the dogs some other way and i lost the man."

Teddy nodded. I continued speaking.

"Then i saw this girl getting stabbed in the shoulder by the psychopath so i shot him. I have no idea where the other man ran off to."

"Wild dogs out of nowhere? That clearly means there were more than two men."

Teddy said. Harry then interrupted.

"Exactly, someone let the dogs out."

"That means someone definitely saw us taking this woman in the van."