17. Maybe I Like the Ladies

Start from the beginning

                The Feminism Exhibit is showcased in a classy downtown hotel with a purple carpet, symbolizing of course the colors of feminism. Upon my entrance, someone took my fur coat and the keys to my car. Someone snapped my picture and I smiled, blinded by the flashing lights enrapturing me. Someone else took my hand and helped me up the steps and into the entrance of the hotel.

                Once inside, the smell of honey and vanilla wafted all around me. The colors purple and white swarmed the hotel ballroom and along the walls were all kinds of art from sculptures to paintings and more. A champagne flute was pressed into my hand and I nodded at the waiter, walking further into the ballroom and discarding the flute on a nearby waiter’s tray.

                My eyes landed on Milly’s for she is the center of attention dressed gorgeously in plum, her hair piled on her head like a basket of croissants. She squealed and pushed everyone out of her way, grabbing my arm.

                “Everyone, this is Kasey, my brother’s girlfriend.” She beamed, showcasing me as if I am art myself.  I smiled sheepishly as some people looked at me in awe and others in envy. “I’m so glad you made it,” she whispered into my ear, squeezing me tighter.

                I laughed and across the room was the wondering stares of Jace, April, and Diana. All three of them look absolutely perfect as usual.

                “Oh, Kasey!” Milly gushed. “You look absolutely perfect!” She spun me around, showcasing my white gown that stops at my knees, the collar revealing to show a little cleavage.

                “You look better.” I blushed.

                “Stop it. Isn’t she perfect you guys!”

                Everyone nodded and spoke their agreements and my blush grew deeper and Milly squeezed me to her side, never letting me go until she introduced me to every single person that was considered important at this event.  At last we stopped in front of Jace and her friends.  

                “Oh, and who is this?” Milly asked, cocking her head to the side.

                With an attitude, Jace replied, “Jace. And this is April and Diana.”

                “Ah, and what do you do?”

                “We are models,” Diana spat, glaring.

                Milly let loose a trilling laugh that sent waves of happiness through me and I smiled. It’s truly amazing to even be in her presence. “I don’t recall inviting any models to my event.”

                “Your event?” Jace scoffed.

                “Yes. I am a feminist leader advocate who speaks out all across the world. How could you have been invited if you didn’t know that?” Milly frowned.

                Even I knew that after I looked at the invitation. Being a feminist leader seems like a total Milly thing anyways for the way she talks to Justin.

                “My manager got me an invitation.” Jace shook her hair out of her face.

                “Let me guess… He figured an appearance at a feminist event would help your image?”