Prologue[edited]

'....'  = thoughts                                                                                                                                                                  "...." = speech                                                                                                                             

A little boy was rushing through the forest, suddenly he stopped wide-eyed. The boy regained composure quickly walking towards red butterflies. Red butterflies swarmed around concealing a small figure. After a few moments the butterflies flew behind the figure revealing a little boy with immense beauty. The little boy's ears were tipped with red, he cautiously stepped closer sitting next to the small kid, startled the kid immediately locked eyes with the little boy. Gold towards silver, the little boy held his breath as the other gave a big toothy grin.

"Wei Ying..." the golden-eyed boy broke the silence.

"Lan Zhan.... do you like them?" Wei Ying giggled gesturing towards the butterflies. 

"Mn" 

The red butterflies then settled down, softly the butterflies sat down around them, as if they were protecting them. However one seemed astray, confused almost, delicately Wei Ying held the butterfly closely and placed toward it's own kind. A small smile appeared on Lan Zhan's face.

The moon shined bright that night as if it was welcoming the sight of the young children. The forest danced in the wind. The whole night Mother Nature celebrated as Yin and Yang was found once again.

The two met regularly at the same mountain and the same time. They would exchange gifts to each other as 'souvenieurs', Wei Ying would say as they both knew it would come when they would part. On the day of their last meeting, Wei Ying gifted a Red Lotus indirectly declaring his love for Lan Zhan (who has yet to know) overwhelmed by emotions his facade broke as tears slowly streamed down his face. Hesitantly he placed a red fan decorating in flowers in Wei Ying's hand. Astonished by the gift Wei Ying too started crying but still managed a smile. Sensing the emotions, Mother Nature cried alongside the two kids. 

309 word count.