Chapter 10

"I think you've had enough to drink ma'am. I think I should get you home." Richard rolled his eyes as Delaney pulled her arm out of his grip as she downed another drink and Chris came up to them, also obviously drunk.

Chris grabbed Delaney's hand, "dance with me?"

Richard watched her walk away with Chris onto the dance floor. He sighed, ordering a drink, finishing it quickly as he watched Chris pull her close to him.

Chris sighed as he brought his hand to her cheek, "I miss you Laney. Tell me you don't miss me."

She groaned, "of course I miss you Chris. But you hurt me. And I can't trust you anymore."

He nodded, "I know. Can't we start over? Please? I still want you." He didn't let her respond, pressing his lips against hers as he felt her lean into it again, moaning softly as she ran her hand up to his neck.

She pulled away out of breath. "Take me home before I change my mind Chris."

Richard watched Chris kiss her before grabbing her hand to lead her away. He followed them out to their limo. Chris climbed in first and Richard grabbed Delaney's hand, "you're supposed to be going home alone. Every time you interact with him, I find you crying."

Delaney pulled her arm away, "I'm an adult Richard and remember that you work for me, not the other way around."

He sighed as he climbed into the limo after them, sitting across from them, avoiding their gaze.

Chris laughed, "I think your guard dog is mad."

Delaney hit him in the chest, "leave him alone before I change my mind about taking you home Christopher."

He nodded as he crashed his lips back into hers as Richard avoided looking at them, seething.

*****************************************************************

Once Richard had everything locked up in the house he went to his own room, avoiding Chris and Delaney as they headed to her bedroom.

Chris slammed the bedroom door behind them as Delaney started to unbutton his shirt. "God I missed you."

She nodded as she turned away from him for him to unzip her dress, "just stop talking."

She quickly shimmied out of her dress and panties as she turned back to him in his underwear. She pulled his pants down as she heard him grunt. He lifted her up to him, carrying her to the bed, pinning her under him. She moaned as she felt him enter her urgently and he trailed kisses from her neck to her mouth. "I missed you too Chris."

He moaned before pressing his lips to hers, feeling her tongue find his as she dug her hands into his back.

*******************************************************************

Delaney woke up in the middle of the night, still slightly drunk, forgetting that Chris slept over. She noticed someone in the bed with her as she yelled out, "Richard!"

Chris heard her yelling as he tried to calm her down. He reached out for her but she swung at him hard, punching him in the nose, making him fall back onto the floor.

Richard heard her yelling, entering her room and turning on the light. He saw Chris on the floor and Delaney standing on the opposite side of the bed with the blanket on her. "Are you okay?" He saw her breathing quickly, having a panic attack, "hey. It's okay." He brought his hands to her shoulders, making her face him.

Chris stood up, holding his nose, "just go. I can take care of her."

Richard put up his hand, not taking his eyes off Delaney, "no. I think you've done enough." He rubbed Delaney's arms, "Lane. Look at me."

She looked up into his eyes as she tried to slow her breathing. She felt him rest his forehead against hers as she sighed. She nodded, "I'm fine Richard." She brought her hand up to his cheek, "go back to bed."

He hesitated, looking from Chris to her but nodded and left her alone in the room with Chris.

She turned to Chris, "can you go please? I never should have let you come home with me. This was a mistake. I'm sorry."

Chris shook his head, "Laney, come on. Please."

She backed away from him as he reached out for her, "no. I'm not ready. Please Chris. Just go." She sat on the bed with her knees pulled to her knees under the blanket as she watched him get dressed. He leaned over, kissing her on the forehead before leaving. She got up and put on some shorts and a tank top, just standing in the middle of her room for a while.

Richard laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling as he heard Chris leave. He heard a soft knock on his door before it opened with Delaney peeking her head in. "Are you okay? Do you want me to sleep in the chair?"

She shook her head as she entered his room, closing the door behind her. "No. I don't want to sleep in there. Can I sleep here?" She saw him hesitate, "please? You make me feel safe."

Richard nodded, moving over as he pulled the blanket down next to him. He watched her crawl into bed beside him before moving close to him. He put his arm up as she rested her head on his chest and he pulled the blanket over her.