OAK's LAB

I woke up on a bed in a small room. I get up and find that next to my bed is a night stand with Pik's old pokeball on it. I grab her and burst through the door. I find myself interrupting a conversation between the boy from earlier, Mr. Oak, and a new character.

This time it's a girl. I've never seen a girl like her around here. Most of the girl's in Pallet train to become nurses at the Pokemon Center, which does not make much sense considering all the nurses are from the Joy family, or they stay home with their families. This girl though wore black jeans and a blonde ponytail that matched nicely with her blue hoodie. At her waist was a belt full of pokeballs. It was as if she radiated epicness.

Anyways...

"Hey, sleeping beauty has awoken..." the girl said kind of annoyed.

"Oh great, it's HIM again..." the boy said, disgusted.

I think I made some new friends.

"Hello, Cinder!" Mr. Oak says to me.

"Hello....?" I say, confused.

"I'm glad youre here. I was about to get you from your house anyways. But that was hours ago..." Oak says.

"For what?" I say quickly, cause I already know the joy that follows.

"You should know. You were the one listening in on me and Reed's conversation..." he replies.

"Right....Sorry about that..." I say, scratching the back of my head.

"No need to apologize. We must hurry up. Don't worry, I've already contacted your mother. She knows you're okay." Mr. Oak says.

"Alright, then...WHERE ARE THEY!?!?!?!?" I say with glee.

"You mean, it?" the girl says. "We've already picked our first Pokemon. I've chosen Squirtle!" she says, as a little blue turtle walks out from behind her leg.

"And I've chosen Bulbasaur..." Reed says.

"Bulba!" the Bulbasaur says with the same annoying voice as Reed.

"So....I get....?" I try to process what the last starter Pokemon is when the girl interrupts me.

"Charmander! Der!" She says as Mr. Oak puts his hand on her shoulder.

"Now, Brook. He didn't know any better. He's new at this." Oak tells Brook.

"And THEY are not!?" I ask.

"Umm...no. Reed was a Pokemon Ranger from the Hoenn region, and Brook...well...umm..."

"No need to get into that." Brook cuts Oak off, "The point is, I moved to Kanto from the Johto region..." she finishes.

"Yes, well...here is your first official Pokemon as a official Pokemon trainer. Charmander." Oak says.

"Wow, thanks Mr. Oak." I tell him.

"That's Professor Oak, Cinder." he replies.

"Right." I fiddle around with the pokeball in my hands.

It's cold and smooth, unlike my old rusty one from before. I hold out in front of me. That didn't work. I press it against my palm. Nope. I rage at it in my hands. Then beat it against my thigh. I get desperate and try to pry it open with my hands and eventually my teeth too.

"Umm...how do I work this thing...?" I say sheepishly.

Reed rolls his eyes.

"Here." Brook hops off of the counter she was sitting on and walks over to me.

"You just press the button right here, like this." she says as she reached from behind me, took the pokeball from my hands, and pressed the button in the front.