𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏. 𝟏

█▓▒▒░░░ WASABI WEEPERS ░░░▒▒▓█

Olivia sat in the back of the lunch room. She sat alone at her own table that was hidden away in a dark corner, away from prying eyes, coloring in her sketchbook. She lightly chewed the tip of her pencil as she tilted her head in thought, feet mindlessly swinging.

Her earbuds blasted music in her ears to distract from the sounds of the lunch room, which often made her jump and caused her head to spin. She twirled the Electric Pink prismacolor pencil around her fingers before switching it with a Black Cherry purple and blending it with the colors of the page.

In minutes, the paper was filled with bright hues. She blew the extra shavings off and carefully shook her sketchbook. She smiled as her dazzling blue eyes met a mesmerizing garden of soft green hues, making the page look like a peaceful area.

Her admiration quickly broke as a resounding 𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘨 echoed through the room, seeming louder than her tunes. She looked up at a group of boys in red as they banged on their table. They laughed and kicked, clutching their stomachs.

A ginger boy across the room stood up and faced them, saying something that didn't reach her ears before he shrunk back into himself and sat down. Oliva frowned as she noticed the new face at the table.

𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘬𝘪𝘥. 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴.

Her breathing catched as she tugged on the sleeves of her cable knit sweater. She jumped as the ribbon in her hair tickled her face, heart racing in surprise. The new kid suddenly stood up and took a few steps towards her table. Her stomach turned, and she could feel her uneaten lunch rise back up.

She squeezed her eyes closed in panic, her favorite pink pencil moving to tap repeatedly against the table as she raised her hand to her mouth, just in case something did come up.

Olivia could see the pretty brunette tease the group known as the black dragons with a smile. The curly headed man — and yes, man — replied before turning to the kid beside him. His lips moved slowly, and his words were spat with aggression. The kid beside him used his hand to cover his face, and Frank stood from his yellow chair.

Frank was at least three inches taller, but the brunette was either unintimidated or air headed enough not to notice.

The cafeteria quieted while turning their attention to Frank, who did some, quote on quote, impressive moves.

"I didn't come over here to fight, man." Brunette audibly said up, his voice low and smooth, only being heard by Olivia because of the dead silent cafeteria. Her heart fluttered as she quickly worked to lower her music volume, embarrassment making her face flush as she imagined someone hearing and staring at her.