The District Five

Mark One:

Friday

"Teacher!" a little girl called on me.

"Yes?" I asked and bent down to her level. "What is it my little princess Lyka?" I asked her as I smile at her sweetly.

I am Harriet Bodhi a twenty-three years old teacher at Heaven Nursery School. She is one of my students at my class and because I love children, I treat them all as my little princesses and little princes, which is why they are all close to me and treats me as their second mother.

"Teacher, thank you for today."

My heart feels so happy after hearing what she just told me. "I thank you too for listening, little one." I answered then I saw her parents already waiting for at the gate. "Go now! Your parents were waiting."

"Uhm," she nodded and smiles as she waves goodbye before running to her parents.

"They do really love you." I heard Coleen said.

Coleen Garcia my best friend and co-teacher at the Heaven Nursery School, she was the one who help me to get this job after I chosen to settle here in the city. I came from the province where my grandparents live and just move here in the city to work. Not that I cannot find a proper job to our province but, I just felt that I need something new. A new place and Apple City is what to go, since that I was the only one left behind, although, it took me a lot of effort just to make my grandparents agree and let me work in here though they give me one condition.

My grandmother gave me a silver necklace with a red rose pendant on it. She said that it came to my father, whom I never met, to my mother. Though I never met him, my mother always told me before she died, that my father was so kind and helpful though he had many obligation to fulfill in the city while my mother couldn't left my grandparents alone in her home town. Which is why, I never met my father because they both decided to live separately.

It is kind of sad to think that he didn't choose us, but as I came here in the city. My mind thinks differently, and I try putting myself into his shoes. In short, I slowly understand his situation and to make it easier for me to just forget about him, I never once asked my mother about his name, though. She mentioned it once, I just ignore it and forget about it and now, I really don't remember his name even if I try to checking on him in the city. Although a part of me wanting to know him, I just choose not to.

"I love them too." I answered back.

"I think you'll be a good mom."

"I don't know, but maybe."

I heard him softly laughs. "Anyway, Clinton will be asking you for a date later." She said mentioning our co-teacher.

Clinton Queen the only guy teacher at the Heaven Nursery School, since the day he met me, he proudly tell me that he has fallen in love with me at first sight. That is why, ever since that first meeting, he became my suitor and persistently courted me even though I already clear myself to him. I already made a promise to my grandparents I will not have a relationship to any guy not until I fulfill all my dreams.

"And where did you hear that?" I asked.

"From him."

I sigh heavily. "Can you go out with me?" I asked out of the blue.

"Sorry but I'm not into girls."

"Oh, come on!" I exclaimed that she just laughs about. "Tsk! Are you going or not?"

"Of course! I will and lets go back at the Purple Bar, okay?" she excitedly answered and I already knew why she chooses that place. No wonder she became too busy after our work, it seems she is dating once again.

Purple Bar, District Five

The noise of the crowd and the noise of the music mix in inside the bar and it never fails to give me a headache.

"Hey! Are you alright?" I heard Coleen asking me in a loud voice.

"Kind of." I answered as I begin to rub my temple.

"Oh, having a headache already?" I just nodded. "Then, you can go home first since that you've already ditch Clinton."

"How about you?"

"No worries, my boyfriend will be here any moment because he already ended his duty. So now, go! And don't forget to ready your weapon we never know whose lurking around District Five, okay?"

I nodded, because I knew what she was talking about. District Five is a well-known place for illegal matters like different kinds of bars with mature content on it, gambling house that holds illegal gambling under the city and lastly sex and drugs that can be buy at the black market that hides behind the curtains of the busy streets of District Five.

"Alright, I'll go home first." I finally agreed since I really wanted to go home.

"Alright! See you on Monday!" she said that I just nodded and waved my hand as I left that place.

I finally feel a bit ease after getting out of that noisy place but the thing is, the busy street of the District was too suffocating and I cannot handle it. So, I choose to find a shortcut just to get out of here as quickly as possible. If it isn't because of Coleen, I will never going back to this place ever again!

At the back alley

Without notice, five creatures lurking around at the road from where she chooses to walk out of the District road.

"Is she idiot?!" I seriously asked.

"Come on! It seems she doesn't know." My best friend answered.

"That's a bull!" I said. "And yet I don't have a choice, but to save that idiot girl."

... ... ...