Chapter 5: Dark Knight

-Three months later-

It was dark, silent, and full of trees, fast footsteps clattering with the ground, panting and yelling.

"Stop!" Hope yelled, chasing after a man in a all black outfit.

The man kept running and Hope knew he was slowing down, keeping on his trail, she saw he wasn't going to stop but he wasn't getting away again, and just her luck he trips over a branch.

Pinning him down, she cuffs him, making him stand. Hearing yelling she yelled back.

"I got him! Over here."

Eric, Calleigh, and Horatio comes from the bushes, running over to her.

"Nice work." Horatio said.

"Let this be a lesson of never run from the cops." Calleigh said, taking him away with Hope.

"Why do I have the feeling this is not over?" Eric said.

"Cause it's not."

And they walk away.

---------------------------------------------

It was a new day, everyone was doing their work and walking around, down in the crime lab Eric was searching for fingerprints from the crime scene.

A man was killed in his house last night, multiple gunshots, the neighbors was the one who called, everyone in that neighborhood was scared cause they wouldn't know if they were next.

Eric got the fingerprints, starting to analyze, while waiting for thag he looks at more pictures, and heard a voice that makes him smile.

"You got anything?" Hope asked, walking with her folder.

"Almost, just looking at the pictures to see if I missed anything." Eric answered, eyes darting around the pictures.

Hope looks at the screen seeing the fingerprint.

"Conner Grant, that's our killer from the last crime."

Eric looks at the picture and the profile.

"We got his right hand man. I'll talk to Horatio."

Hope nodded and left the search for a file.

----------------------------------------------

"Conner Grant." Horatio said, looking at his shades.

"Yeah, this guy has gotten with too many murders. We got to do something." Eric said.

"And we will, Eric, we will."

-----------------------------------------------

Hope pulls up the file of Conner Grant, he was very good at hiding, but didn't change everything, this was finding a needle in a haystack.

Hearing a knock on the door, it opens, looking over her shoulder it was Eric.

"Hey." Hope said, looking back at the screen.

"Hey." Eric said.

"Need anything?"

"Yeah, got anything?"

"He's a very mysterious man, there's barely anything on here."

"Let me see that."

Eric looks at the paper and Hope was right, there was nothing on this guy, only his age, birthday, parents, and that's it.

"He has to be hiding if there's no home address." Hope said.

"How can someone hide information so well." Eric said, putting the paper down, pinching the bridge of his nose.