6. sweet home, oklahoma.

elliot had found himself in a newfound friend group consisting of three girls.

they were all so different, though.

rue was a secret junkie, like him.

jules was a trans girl figuring herself out.

and milani was still a bit of a mystery to him.

her mysterious aura matched with his perfectly. but made him frustrated, something he'd only reveal to himself. her mysteriousness only made him want to dig deeper into her life.

"when's the last time you guys played truth or dare?" rue asks suddenly while they're all huddled up next to the water fountain.

they all look at her in confusion, truth or dare?

as a girl stormed off happily in front of them, elliot had no idea who she was. he ignored the clacking of her heels and turned to milani, "truth or dare?"

soon those collective moments of asking each other "truth or dare?" became a unnamed ritual.

one that involved jules taking a piss in the middle of the street, and getting some on elliot's car. and another, that resulted in elliot getting chased around by a bunch of buffoons (much to milani's pleasure).

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

milani walked the halls, praying that whatever the rest of the day had planned for her wasn't as stressful as what she'd already endured.

"hey rue,"

"what about me?" elliot asked, dramatically poking his bottom lip out.

"hi, elliot."

the girl followed rue's gaze to a particular auburn hair girl she wasn't all familiar with.

"yo, lex, what're you doing?" rue asked.

milani realized who that was, the second half of the howard sisters. she had multiple advanced classes with lexi and one with cassie, they were both fine to her but she'd never really talked with them outside of the classroom.

"oh, just putting up fliers for this play i'm doing."

"what play?"

lexi smiled and shrugged, "you'll see."

lexi walked off and milani turned her gaze back to her friends, "i'm gonna go to the bathroom."

"mind if i come?" elliot teased

"there's no way in hell," milani shot back before walking off and realizing rue wasn't far behind her

walking into the bathroom, there were a bunch of teenage girls in there, one of those being lexi.

as milani set her backpack on the counter and began fishing out for her lip gloss, rue and lexi had struck conversation.

"i'd actually love for you to read it."

"yeah, for sure. just, uh, send it to me."

listening in, milani tried to think of anytime she'd ever seen rue hold a book, or any piece of literature.

with a push of the door and clacking of heels, in walked the other howard sister.

"hey, rue-rue. hi, lani." milani furrowed her brows, confused.

she had no idea when she'd given her permission to give her a nickname but cassie's southern-bell outfit threw her off from thinking about it too much.