Chapter 5: I'm (not) sorry

Disclaimer: Hetalia and the characters used in this story do not belong to me, and rightfully belong to Hidekez Himaruya

It had only been a couple of days since Lukas' little 'encounter' with Mathias. While Lukas barely kept up with what was going on with famous people, for he had little interest in finding out which actors would be in what movies and which singers were actually using drugs. No, Lukas didn't care much for the knowledge of those things. But was he did know was that the name 'Mathias Køhler' wasn't nearly as liked as it had been about a week prior to them meeting. A small part of Lukas felt guilty for liking that. Just a small part.

Lukas' day had been going rather well. He'd gone to work, and no one or nothing had given him any trouble yet. Even though his job wasn't desired by all, it was quite peaceful sometimes, when there wasn't any customers, or at least very few, because then it would be nice and quiet.

He glanced over at the shop, seeing there were only about three other groups of people there: A businessman, on his laptop, presumably doing some sort of work. a couple, holding hands from across the table, talking about things Lukas couldn't hear from where he was, and certainly wouldn't try. Last, a small group of what looked like college students, laughing about something the happened on campus, as Lukas heard when he walked past them to clean the front door.

Now the Norwegian stood behind the counter, eblows rested on it and head hung. There weren't any new customers at the moment, so he could do this. He thought about the people there at the moment. A good job, romance, an education. These people had these things. To Lukas, it was a bit more than that. A good job meant success. Romance meant someone who truly cared about you. An education meant a chance to make something good out of the life you were given.

Lukas knew that he didn't exactly have these things. Starbucks wasn't exactly a dream place to work at. Education was something that he felt like he'd blown his chance with, and didn't have enough money to pay for, either. Romance...well that was something completely different. It meant to have someone to hold, and they would hold you back. To be able to say sweet things to, to have sweet things said to you. To go to sleep next to someone, and wake up the next morning with them. Lukas knew for a fact he didn't have that. Most of the time, it didn't bother him too much. But it was on especially cold nights, or when he was surrounded by all of these types of people when he knew that no matter how much he would deny it, to others and himself, that he was lonely.

One by one, those people left. Lukas watched them go, but didn't say a single word as they parted from the shop, off to do whatever it was that their lives required them to do, while he stayed there, restocking and cleaning.

Soon, the shop was completely empty. It wasn't very often that it happened, but it was a weekday, so it wasn't too surprising. Lost in all of the thoughts that he was having, Lukas didn't hear the bell at the front door, so he didn't know that there was someone was in the shop now. That was until he heard a voice that was unfortunately familiar.

"Um, Earth to Barista Boy, look up."

He's back.

"Hellooo, Barista Boy, c'mon, look up."

Why is he here? Could he not have gone anywhere else?

"Dude, look up,"

Maybe he'll go away if I ignore him.

Lukas continued with these thoughts, until he felt a hand under his chin, forcing him to look up. The Norwegian was greeted by a pair of bright blue eyes, and obnoxiously wild blonde hair. He looked at the other, somewhat displeased by who he saw. His face felt a little bit squished, Mathias' thumb and index fingers pressing against his cheeks, the rest under Lukas' chin so he'd look at the Dane, "Let. Go. Of. Me. Now." He said sternly, eyes narrowed in both annoyance and anger.

Mathias quicky let go of Lukas, laughing just a bit, "Well, I just wanted to get your attention, Barista Boy." He relplied, putting his hands up in the air playfully. He tried acting as if nothing had happened between the two before, "You seemed very distant." He remarked, leaning against the counter as he spoke.

Lukas rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. Mathias' attitude only made him more annoyed, "I have a name, and it isn't 'Barista Boy', you know."

Mathias only leaned in a bit, coming closer to the Norwegian, "Oh yeah? Then what's your name?" He questioned, not bothering to look down at the little plastic name tag Lukas was wearing.

"It's Lukas." He answered, dark eyes locking with Mathias' light ones as he glared at him.

Mathias jumped back, holding his hands in front of his eyes protectively, "Ahh! Medusa! She's going to turn me to stone with her glare!" He exclaimed, snickering a bit at his joke.

Lukas was normally able to keep a calm and collected demeanor during times of great annoyance. As much as he wanted to yell at Mathias for saying such things, he didn't, "I don't understand. A couple of days ago, you marched in here like King Harald Bluetooth, insulted me, poured coffee over my head, and then left. Today you come back, acting as if we are friends when we most clearly are not anything close to the sort." Lukas looked up at the taller male, raising an eyebrow suspiciously, "What game are you playing at, Køhler?"

Mathias let out a hearty laugh, putting both hands on his sides, "There is no game, Lukas!" He replied, looking the Norwegian in the eyes, "I guess that I'm just trying to say that I'm sorry for doing that. I was a jerk, and I see that now. Will you accept my apology so we can be friends?" Then he waited for the answer. He was positive that it would be a ye-

"No."

The Dane's eyes widened, "N-no?"

Lukas nodded slowly, "No."

"What do you mean? I apologized, we're supposed to be all good now!" He replied, a small pout forming on his face.

"Listen, I can't just forgive you. Apologies don't solve everything, pretty boy." Lukas explained, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

"Okay..." Mathias thought for a couple of seconds, "What if I take you out for the day?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" The other questioned.

"You know, we can hang out all day and spend lots of money, kind of like some girls on 'Girls' Day Out'." He explained,'It's only like, Twelve." He added, glancing at the clock on the wall.

"Yeah, and I don't get off until Ten." Lukas replied. "Even if I wanted to hang out with you, I can't."

"C'mon, aren't there other people that come later on for their shifts?" Mathias asked, pouting again.

"Well yeah but-"

"No buts!" He exclaimed, "You are going to spend the day with me, and you are going to love it!" Mathias ran behind the counter, pinning Lukas to the counter so he could remove the Norwegian's apron, quickly doing that and tossing it aside, letting go of Lukas for a second, only to grab him on the arm, dragging him out of there, the bell jingling again, but now there was no one inside to hear it.