16. Triple Date

There was a knock at the door as you finished putting up your hair for the day. Pepa came in to ask if the two of you wanted to join her, Felix, Julieta, and Agustín on a triple date. You happily agreed and thanked her as she made her way out.

"Hey, before we go, do you think you could do my hair?" Bruno asked timidly, looking down at his twiddling thumbs. "You made yours look so nice, I just thought maybe you could do something similar with my hair,"

"Oh! Of course, I'd love to!" You chirped, grabbing a hairbrush and gliding over to him. You moved the crafting table chair for him to sit in in front of the mirror so he could see the style.

"Do you want it just in a ponytail or something fancier?" You asked, delicately running your fingers along his scalp.

"A ponytail is fine," he answered, locking eyes with you through the reflection of the mirror. You nodded and started by collecting all of his curls together in one hand while smoothing out crazy bumps that stuck out with the other. He patiently sat and watched your hands move through his hair with strong attentiveness. You smiled down at him, trailing your fingers through the soft curls which seemed to be easily tamed whenever you worked with them. As you wrapped a hair tie around the ponytail you noticed Bruno silently "ooo"ing and making a little 'o' with his mouth which made you giggle.

"It's perfect!" He exclaimed, admiring himself in the mirror.

"Wait- it's not done yet. I want to add one more thing!" You said, hurrying toward the little desk to grab a green ribbon to match his outfit. You tied it around the ponytail in a little bow, straightening out the tails and making sure it looked even.

"Hmm... nice touch," he said with a little smile and a thumbs up. He excitedly grabbed your hand and strolled out the door with you, sharing all different types of foods he hoped to have on your date.

The six of you strolled into town, each couple hand-in-hand. Bruno was eager to explore all of the shops and kept pointing out things he thought you might like.

"What do you think about this?" He would ask while holding up various objects from jewelry to paint brushes to baking dishes. You gave your honest opinion but begged him not to spend too much money on something for you. The others overheard your silly bickering and giggled with each other, whispering secrets back and forth about the two of you. Every time you noticed they were looking over, you started to blush but would roll your eyes and choose to laugh along with them. Bruno, on the other hand, was a little more sensitive so you had to help him calm down and see the humor in their whispers.

"C'mon, hermano! We're just joking!" Felix told him while giving him a pat on the back. Agustín would play along by raising his eyebrows foolishly and making funny faces towards your boyfriend which was able to calm his nerves.

You decided to bring everyone to the bakery you worked at. It was a small place along the edge of town with two cafe tables and chairs in the front. The inside had three more tables for guests to enjoy the treats that sat behind the glass counter. The smell of cookies, pure sugar, and freshly baked bread filled the bakery as you walked up to the front counter. Everyone ordered their own thing and shared their treats among the group.

"Y/n, you have to give me the recipe for these cookies!" Julieta said as she took another bite of a polvorosa, savoring every flavor. You giggled and agreed while you enjoyed an alfajor with a dulce de leche filling.

You glanced up to notice a woman staring at your group... specifically Bruno. She sat in one of the chairs and didn't bother pretending to be interested in her pastel Gloria which sat untouched on a napkin. You decided to hurry the group out as fast as you could, making up the excuse that you were being too loud. You grabbed Bruno's hand, speeding out the door to a nearby shop filled with little trinkets and glassware.

"Something over here caught my eye, let's go see what it is!" You exclaimed. He happily followed, turning his head every which way to observe all of the glass art that covered the shop.

"Y/n, look how perfect!" He said as he carefully picked up a wind chime with a mosaic piece in the middle. The piece was the night sky and the mountains that protected the Encanto along with the woods and the stream where you and Bruno had snuck off to. It really was perfect.

You walked around a bit more and explored a few more aisles until you saw her. The woman had followed you into the shop and was making her way towards your mans. As much as you hated to admit it, she made you feel a bit intimidated. She was beautiful with dark skin and long curly hair that was back in a braid that draped around her shoulder. You rushed to find your boyfriend and clutch onto him, making it known that he was taken. Despite your efforts, she seemed to pay no mind to you, continuing to approach Bruno.

"Bruno? Bruno Madrigal?" She asked, twirling a piece of hair at the end of her braid and staring him up and down.

"Yes?" He asked nervously, unaware of her flirty presence.

"Sorry to bother you, but I know you do visions for people in the village. Do you think you could do one for me?" She smiled at him before glancing over at you with a "watch and learn" kind of look.

You squeezed his hand in a lame attempt to try and stop him but it was too late. The man innocently agreed and made a date to give her a reading for the next day. She thanked him and shook his hand, introducing herself as Claudia. Bruno's eyes followed her for a moment as she walked off, a perplexed look on his face.

"That bitch," you muttered under your breath.

"Was she...?" He started to say.

"Flirting? Yes, yes she was but it's not important! Let's not let her ruin our day, alright? I'm getting hungry, maybe we should grab some food," You said, eager to change the topic. You knew your boyfriend was loyal but the thought of another person getting between the two of you still freaked you out. He caught a glimpse of worry in your eye as you glanced over at the door every few moments to make sure Claudia was truly gone. You heard him sharply inhale before turning your head towards him and giving you a soft kiss.

Bruno clutched your arm and held you tight on the trip from the store to a nearby restaurant. The six of you were seated while the other couples laughed and talked happily but he remained silent for the most part. The four engaged in a heated conversation over who had the best and worst gifts while you listened. You felt a light tug and a warm breath against your ear.

"Don't worry, mi amor, I'm not going anywhere. I bet she would be freaked out over the rats and between you and me, if you don't respect the rats, the relationship ain't gonna work," Bruno whispered in an attempt to cheer you up. You couldn't help but let out a silent laugh, nudging him as you leaned against his shoulder.