- PLAY DATE -

Spring 2021

Scarlett's POV

It is now March 2021 and Charlotte has become very close with her friends from school she has also made another friends who's name is Lucas and he is a really nice boy.

"Mama can me and Naomi have a play date tomorrow?"Charlotte runs up to me while I am replying to some emails on my computer.

"Of course you can baby"I say stroking her head before she runs off shouting thank you.

I smile at her and continue with my work, Naomi is a really cute kid, her parents are really nice as well.

It is close to Charlotte's bedtime so I go into the living area and see Charlotte already ready for bed while she is playing with her dolls that Colin got her.

"Hey honey I got her ready for bed if you want to bring her up while I clean up the dinner from earlier"Colin suggests kissing my head and then leaving to the kitchen.

"Come here baby let's get you into bed"I say picking her up, she is very tired so she should be asleep in no time.

I bring her upstairs and into her bedroom, I lay her on the bed and gently stroke her hair until she falls asleep cuddled up to her blanket and teddy bear that I got her.

I walk to my bedroom and soon fall asleep as well because I have been working all day so I need my rest.

The next day I wake Charlotte up and get her ready for school and also get her some breakfast before bringing her to school.

She hugs me and kisses my cheek before running into the school with Naomi, May, Megan, Ellie and Lucas.

I go to collect her after school and her a Naomi get into the car so they can come back for the play date.

"You girls excited?"I asked making conversation with them because they are having their own little chats and hey I might be the mother but I wanna join in somewhere.

"Yes mama, we are going to play and watch movies and also play with Rocky and you!"Charlotte exclaims happily and I hear Naomi agreeing in the background.

"That's wonderful I can't wait to play with you girls but first we are going to stop at McDonalds to get some lunch and then we will go home and you can eat and then play how does that sound?"I suggest knowing they are going to be excited.

"That's amazing!"I hear Naomi say making me smile but I don't hear Charlotte.

"What's McDonalds?"She asks, shit I forgot that she had never had McDonalds before in the orphanage or with her parents.

I explain what it is to her and we eventually get there.

I order the two girls a chicken nugget happy meal with fruit shoots and myself and Colin a Big Mac meal with a Coke Zero.

We all head home and the girls run to the dining room where Colin is helping them onto their chairs.

I give them their happy meals and they happily munch away while me and Colin eat ours.

The two girls run off to go and play and so I just leave them to it until they come downstairs to ask can I play with them and I agree obviously.

We play for a little bit but then we end up watching two movies before Naomi goes home, I think this was a very successful day...