ειgнтεεη

Delacroix, Louisiana

Four days after the Emergence

"I'm still asking myself how did you find him."

"You have your mind control, I have my emotion control. Trust me, he's not that hard to find. And Phastos owed me a favor." I smirked and linked arms with him. "Besides, if memory serves me right, you used to get along with James and Steve."

"Whatever you say, my starlight." Druig teased and I rolled my eyes walking up to a man and tapped his shoulder.

"Yes?"

"You're the Falcon, right? We're looking for Bucky Barnes. Is he here by any chance?" I asked and Sam crossed his arms.

"How do you know Buck?" He asked and I pursed my lips.

"Umm... long story... I kinda was his, his sister, and Steve's babysitter when they were about six. Last I saw them, Bucky was about fifteen chasing a fourteen year old Steve."

"What the-"

"Steve could run!?" Druig interrupted and I nodded. "He had asthma! He could barely walk down the block without getting an asthma attack! Remember Coney Island!?"

"Hence why Bucky was chasing him down the streets of Brooklyn." I said patting Druig's back and turned back to Sam. "Meet my husband, Druig. Or as I call him, the little shit."

"Irish?"

"Yeah, let's go with that." I shrugged.

"No way... Vena? Druig?"

"Hey, Bucky." I smiled turning around. "It's good to see you again."

"Vena, no offense, but you're supposed to be dead." Bucky chuckled hiding his left hand.

"So are you, honey. And yet here we are." I smiled taking a step forward and he took one back. "James, I know. And it's okay, trust me."

"How much do you know?"

"All of it. The fall, the Accords, you name it... I was always keeping tabs on my two boys." I whispered and held his hand. "I tried searching for you when Becca wrote to me. But I didn't even know where to look."

"Becks wrote to you? I thought you-"

"Moved to Australia? I gave you boys the address and when I moved back to Peru, I sent it to both of you. Steve sent me letters during the War, but you only wrote like twice."

"Didn't want you to worry." He shrugged sheepishly and I scoffed.

"I was your babysitter and took Steve to the hospital various times. Worrying about my sweet boys is my job!" I smiled and he smiled back. "I think we have a lot to talk about, but first, I want you to meet my family."

"Are they like Druig who always stares?" He chuckled and Sam widened his eyes.

"So that's where you got the staring thing!? Oh my God!" Sam exclaimed and Druig rolled his eyes.

"Anyways!" I scolded and gestured for the rest to walk over. "This is my older sister Sersi and Makkari, my older brother Phastos, my baby sister Sprite, my Momma Thena, and you all met the little shit, Druig."

"What the-"

"Like I said, we have a lot to talk about."

...

"An Eternal? I was babysat by an Eternal!?"

"Yeah, and you also helped kill one, thanks for that."