Rival or not, Gun will always be a walking temptation for Off.

"Well, there's your answer, cousin. I might get it wrong but I doubt the organizers will. If what I heard was right, the Phunsawats matched our donation, so it's probably around...fifteen million dollars, too. I don't think they'll make a mistake about someone who gave that much."

"I'm going to the restroom."

"I thought you're going home?"

"Changed my mind."

Off tried to calm himself. Gun texted him earlier saying that he needed to get to his brother who was hospitalized. It was partly why he wanted to go home earlier than Jaylerr wanted.

If Gun's surname was a lie, is it also a lie that his brother was hospitalized?

Off wanted so badly to believe that this is just a misunderstanding but no matter how much he thought of it, it's impossible for Gun not to know him. He was openly featured in tons of media as the next Adulkittiporn Chairman.

"Papii?"

Off looked at Gun as he entered the restroom. He badly wanted this to be a dream or a nightmare or have some justifiable explanation, but right now all he could think of was Gun, the one person he allowed to get close to him, lied to him.

"Don't." Off said harshly. But as soon as Gun's eyes flashed with hurt, a part of him wanted to take it back.

"What?"

"Don't act innocent, Gun. Why did you lie to me?"

"Lied to you? When did I..." Gun suddenly remembered introducing himself as Taweesilip, his mother's maiden name.

"Yeah, you know exactly when you lied to me. Why did you do it, huh? You think being with me will give you access to confidential information?"

If Gun was hurt earlier, now he's as furious as Off. What gave him the idea that Gun was scheming to betray him?

"You're an asshole, you know? You really won't give me a chance to fucking explain? Taweesilip is my mother's maiden name. I've been using it since I was 10, before my mom died and dad took me in and insisted that I carry the Phunsawat name since, after all, I'm his eldest son."

Off wasn't thinking straight. He knew that the Phunsawat household has been messy since the current Chairman had a child out of wedlock, but he still can't process what Gun was saying. How can he believe that this is all just a coincidence?

"You carried a different name and seldom showed yourself in public so I didn't recognize you. But what's your excuse for not recognizing me? The entire fucking country knows I'm an Adulkittiporn and yet you still chose to be with me. What's really your deal?"

Gun couldn't believe that the man he was starting to fall in love with has so little trust in him.

"Wow, what an arrogant thing to say! The world doesn't revolve around you, Sir. What are pointing out here, Off? That I'm whoring myself to you for business? You really think I'd stoop that low?"

When Off's piercing eyes continued to stare straightly at Gun and did not deny what Gun was saying, Gun felt something inside him breaking.

Raising his hands in surrender and trying to hold
back his tears, Gun spoke to Off one last time. "You know what? I really thought what we had was special. But I guess that's just my imagination."

*****
Gun flopped on his bed wearing his oversize shirt and boxers.

He already ditched the suit and ordered the guards to leave him for the night. His eyes feel puffy and tired from crying but he still can't fall asleep.

Maybe Off had a reason to be angry, but it wasn't like he wanted to fool him. The past few years, Gun has been constantly moving within and outside Thailand. He oversees their businesses in the suburbs, monitors the operations of factories in the provinces, and flies abroad to meet foreign clients and suppliers. With a lot on his plate, getting to know who leads their rival's business is definitely not on his priority list. After all, his brother will be the one to meet and mingle with these big names. Gun just preferred to be outside the limelight.

The loud sound of glass breaking startled Gun and made him sit on the bed.

"What the fuck?"

Gun searched for his phone, only to remember that he left it on the couch. Shit.

Gun cautiously opened the door and peeked through it. The glass window was definitely broken, but seeing no one in the room, he decided to make a run to the couch to get his phone.

While calling the head of security, Gun felt a hard object hitting his head.

The last thing Gun heard before losing consciousness was, "Payback time, you little Asian brat."