Prologue

Disclaimer : Mo Dao Zu Shi obviously not mine. I'm just borrowing the characters to be written in the storyline I prefer. This story was written to satisfy my own obsession with MDZS / TU. Absolutely no profit gain.

A/n : I thought this will be one shot, turned up I have more ideas. So, there might be around 5 / 6 chapters.

_________________________________________

"Uncle, Xiong-zhang," bringing his hands together to his front, Lan WangJi bow down to pay his respect.

"Yes, WangJi ... You seems to have urgent matters to discuss," Lan QiRen made a gesture towards an empty seat across the table. Lan XiChen smiles in acknowledge of the respect. He poured tea into cups and pass each to his uncle and younger brother.

They took a while to enjoy their tea, before Lan QiRen looks up to his younger nephew. He tried to garner any inkling to his thought, but in vain. At least his elder nephew, Lan XiChen managed to decipher his younger brother's expression and body language no matter how minimal it was.

At the moment it seems Lan WangJi was figuring out the best way to tell his brother and uncle something. "It's been months, and I found that I can't ignore this much longer," the sudden confession made the other two Lan frowning in confusion.

"WangJi, calm down and explain to us slowly." Lan XiChen gently laid his hand on Lan WangJi's arm. It was years ago since his younger brother ever spill his personal thoughts and Lan XiChen won't  ignore.

Lan WangJi exhaled and inhaled, "I adore Wei Ying ... I wanted to be with him at all cost,"

It took a few minutes before Lan QiRen and Lan XiChen exchanges glances as if to confirm what they heard. "This matter is serious," declared Lan QiRen with stern look in his eyes.

"I know. I've tried to ignore it, but at the Cold Spring cave ... I'm sure even ancestor Lan Yi could see whatever was, is between us."

"Wei WuXian had acted calmer recently," said Lan XiChen randomly and he shrugged it off with small playful smile towards his uncle warning glares. Master Lan QiRen can be so stubborn like an old mountain goat, but he does possesses a kind heart.

"I'll bring this to the elders." Sighed Lan QiRen. Flashes of his brother and sister-in-law's tragedies resolute Lan QiRen's opinions. It'll be quite a study sessions before he able to relay this matter to the Lan elders.

"WangJi was grateful, uncle," once again Lan WangJi bow his respect and promptly left.

"Expect those elders to be difficult," warned Lan QiRen as he left. As the war is brewing in the horizon, this might be useful to strengthen their relationship with the YunMeng Jiang sect. Whether it will be a successful proposal or not, there is no shame in trying.

"Aren't they always?" Murmured Lan XiChen uneasily to himself. He really hope the proposal won't hurt his younger brother. He's glad that Lan WangJi started to express more of his feelings.
.
.
.
.

[A few months previously ...]

"Lan Zhan!"

Lan WangJi never falter in his strides, but his heart does skip a beat to hear the voice calling out his name. He could count on one hand people that call him by his birth name. Not even his older  brother and uncle call him by his birth name.

"Lan Zhan, don't pretend you didn't hear me," Wei WuXian finally catching up with Lan WangJi. A jovial smile and bright eyes, Wei WuXian peek sideways at the taller young man in various shades of light blue garments.

"Where are you going? Night hunting by yourself? Don't you think I'll enjoy night hunting with you?"

"It's a clan business,"