f o u r

———

———

FALLON RESTED HER head between her palms as she sat on the curb. The moon shined through the clouds, the streets were quiet at this time of night and so was her household. Her father was away on business and her mother was never really present in her children's lives anyways. After a long moment of silence, her peace was interrupted when she heard a familiar voice coming towards her. A smile spread on her face seeing Maddy climbing out of her car. "What the fuck are you doing out here? You know how late it is?" She asked playfully while taking a seat next to her friend.

Fallon leaned over and rested her head on Maddy's shoulder. In response, she placed a soft kiss on her head and opened her mouth to speak. "What's got you sitting out here being all mopey?"

Fallon lifted her head and looked her best friend in the eye. "I've just got a lot of shit on my mind. My parents are still pissed about me going to Mckay's party and now that my dad is out of town, Chris thinks that he has to step up."

Maddy let out a slight chuckle after her last sentence. "You're brothers a dick." She spoke playfully which didn't really amuse Fallon.

"So is your boyfriend." She argued with a serious look on her face. Maddy scoffed and gently nudged Fallon before she began speaking.

"If you ever need to, you're welcome to stay at my place. My parents won't give a shit." She added with a sincere tone lacing her voice. Fallon glanced up at her and grinned.

She had a lot of love for Maddy, she took her under her wing since the first day they met. They had been friends since the beginning of middle school. No matter what they went through, Maddy was always there to make things better and it was the same way with Fallon. They made each other better people.

"Sometimes, I just want to run away from here. Go someplace far away and never look back on my shitty life here." Fallon broke the silence between them. Maddy nodded her head in agreement.

"I was just saying the same thing to myself earlier. Me and Nate got into another fight and I was literally looking at train tickets." Maddy let out a light chuckle as she spoke. Fallon rolled her eyes at the mention of Nate. She hated him. He was a psychopath and he treated Maddy like shit but she was too in love to see it fully. Every time they fought, she found herself doubting every single thing about herself and Fallon hated that.

"You deserve better you know." Fallon finally managed to find the words to match her expression. "Nate's an asshole and you deserve so much better than him."

Maddy shrugged her shoulders and lowered her head. "I don't know if I do though. What if, Nate and I are meant to be?" She could feel a small amount of tears forming in her eyes as she expressed her feelings to her best friend.

"If it's meant to be, you wouldn't have to fight so much for it." She looked over at Maddy and noticed that a tear had finally dropped from her eyes, she cooed as she leaned over and wrapped her arms around Maddy.

"I'm just so sick of this shit." She spoke through her tears while Fallon lightly rubbed her back. She didn't know what to say when it came to Maddy's relationship. She knew that no matter how much advice she gave her, Maddy wouldn't ever listen. She always ended up getting back with Nate.

After a while of sitting in silence, Maddy wiped her face and looked over at Fallon. "Should we get out of here? I've still got a bottle in my trunk." A smirk tugged at her lips as she stood up from her seat and held out her hand for Fallon to grab. She jumped up and linked arms with Maddy and followed her back to the car.

The two girls drove silently as the radio played. Fallon leaned her head against the window and hummed along with the music. Maddy glanced over and noticed a faint bruise on her arm, her eyebrows furrowed but she chose not to say anything knowing that Fallon would just push it off. They pulled into a parking lot and Maddy parked the car before tossing a small baggie to Fallon. "Roll up, we can smoke." She climbed out of the car and went to the trunk to grab the bottle that she still had leftover from Mckay's party. By the time she was back in the car, Fallon had the joint roll and lit up.

"Thank you, Mads." Fallon turned down the radio a bit as she spoke. Maddy questioned her sudden thanks with a confused look on her face. Fallon picked up on her confusion and added "For being here and always dealing with my shit, I know it's probably tiring."

Maddy scoffed and took a small sip from her bottle. "Bitch please, you're my best friend. I love you, and I know you'd do the same."

Fallon let out a small laugh which made joined in on. Their moment was cut short when Fallon's phone rang. It was Fez. Maddy noticed the contact name and furrowed her eyebrows. "Why is Fez calling you?" She asked with confusion lacing her voice. Fallon looked over at her and excused herself before stepping out of the car.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked putting the phone to her ear.

"Yo, I just wanted to check on you. See if you were ok after yesterday night." He spoke awkwardly as Fallon let out a humorless chuckle.

"Yeah I'm good, it wasn't that bad actually." She paused for a moment and looked back to make sure Maddy wasn't listening in. She didn't want her to know about her night yesterday.

"Wasn't that bad? That's shit wasn't fun!" He spoke with more of an aggravated tone.

"Look, Fez. I'm kind of busy right now, can we talk later. I'll call you tomorrow." She said her goodbyes and hung up the phone before climbing back into the car. Maddy looked at her with a look of confusion before speaking up.

"What was that about?" She questioned, she felt the tension that was radiating from her.

"Oh, it was nothing." Fallon waved off Maddy who continued to look at her with a confused look. She wasn't aware of the fling that went on between them so as far as Maddy knew, they didn't know each other like that. Fallon started up a random conversation hoping to distract Maddy knowing that she would keep pushing it until she figured out what was going on.

"Did you speak to Cass today?" Fallon took a small sip from the bottle as she glanced over at Maddy. She let out a small laugh in response.

"No. She's too focused on McKay, you know how she gets when she's in a relationship."

Fallon nodded her head knowing that Maddy had a point. She looked down at her phone and noticed that the time was going on 1 am. Her mom probably called her father by now trying to act like she was worried when in all reality, she didn't give a damn. She was completely right, a few minutes later her phone rang. It was her mother.

"What?" She hissed as she answered the phone.

Her mother held the phone up to her face and glared at her for a moment before speaking. "Why aren't you home?" She asked, softening her voice a bit. She had a bit of a soft spot for Fallon. She was her firstborn and she was a spitting image of her when she was younger, she reminded her of the youth that she wasted chasing after Fallon's father.

"I'm out. Trying to keep the peace for as long as I can." She let out a humorless chuckle as her mother's face dropped a bit in an attempt to make her feel bad.

"Just make sure you're home soon." She muttered before hanging up the phone. Maddy looked over at her best friend as she held her head in her hand. She got the message and started up the car, Fallon reached over and rested her hand on top of Maddy's.

"Don't. I'm not going home, can we sleep here? Fallon asked with a hopeful look.

"Stay here as in sleep in my car?" She asked playfully. Fallon's face dropped a bit before Maddy burst into laughter. "Of course, we can stay here." She added.

Fallon let out a sigh of relief as she put the seat back. She leaned back and rested against the seat, letting her eyes drift shut as her exhaustion took over her whole body.

heartbeat --- euphoria On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara