Chapter 6 - Kidnap?

What do you mean you'll be be back?!? If you weren't aware, wasn't what you just did right now trespassing property!? And invasion of privacy plus lack of consent as well!?
Aelin was internally ranting. He wasn't mad, just disappointed.
And maybe creeped out.
But revising the encounter with the boy (intruder) in his head, it made him ponder. Technically, didn't Athanasia do the same? Maybe unintentionally, but she could've left when she saw people, yet she stayed and eavesdropped. Aelin bit his lip.

Was he too blinded by worry and pity? Sure he was worried for Athanasia as a character, but this was real now. Everything around him was real, so characters were the equivalent of real life people. And to top things off, the intruder boy said he was going to be back!
As his mind lingered on the subject of Athanasia, he felt like he was forgetting something.

...

...

...

...Crap.

He had forgotten to tell Athanasia to keep her mouth zipped about their encounter. And now he had to deal with a returning intruder as well? Aelin bit his thumb and tapped his foot anxiously. He hurried back to his room and did what he could. Lock the doors, shut the windows, pull the blinds, anything. The maids were doing their monthly report at House Alpheus and had trusted Aelin enough to take care of himself, but right now would've been a great time for some adult figures to be around. It didn't matter if the intruder was a kid or not, an intruder is an intruder. And this was also just in case any guards came because Athanasia leaked their encounter.

Crap, he was too panicked. After closing the curtains in his room, he picked up a book and walked to his bed. Maybe he could calm down by reading. But as he was reading, just as he calmed down, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Boo."

Aelin flinched, but didn't say anything, he turned his head and lo and behold, there was the intruder. That bastard really came back! Aelin simply stared at the black haired boy in a mix of exasperation, disbelief and disappointment.

"What~? Are you really that unhappy to see me?"

Aelin resisted the urge to slap the trespasser in the face, and got up from his bed. As he walked towards the door, he felt his body freeze, as if something was restricting his movement.

"Did I say you could leave?"

As Aelin suppressed the urge to scream, the boy suddenly appeared in front of him and picked him up.

"You're coming with me."

And in an instant, they were somewhere else. When Aelin finally recovered from shock, he observed his surroundings. A very rich looking room, with comfortable couches and many books. Sitting on one of the couches was none other than the young princess herself, who looked equally as shocked as the kidnapping victim, if not even more shocked than him. The boy(kidnapper) put him down, but Aelin was too deep in disbelief to do anything. When Athanasia broke out of her shock, she stood up and slowly walked towards the two boys. She raised her hand... And slapped the black haired boy.

"LUCAS YOU ABSOLUTE LITTLE-"

She saw the other boy watch them, and she stopped midway through her sentence. She coughed out of embarrassment, before bowing to the blonde boy.

"I'm sorry for his behavior, is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"

Asking thought this might be a good time to clear some things up with the princess, and address the situation.

"No no, in fact I wanted to talk to you."

Aelin requested Athanasia to keep their encounter private, and she complied, but in return she requested to have permission to visit. Aelin hesitated before agreeing. He knew Athanasia had no harmful intentions, but he was wary, just in case. Meanwhile, he glanced at the mystery kidnapper who had been listening to their conversation.

"Ah, that's Lucas, he's my official playmate."

"You're terrible at introducing people."

"No, I just didn't feel like putting in any effort."

Aelin watched the two interact with amusement, before he turned back to the main point.

"May I ask, what is the purpose of bringing me here? There must be a reason after all."

The black haired kid(napper), Lucas, turned his head to look at the blonde boy. Aelin furrowed his brows as Lucas stared at him, his caution raised. Lucas finally spoke, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall.

"I just wanted to observe you up close, is that too much to ask?"

Aelin stared in disappointment. That was by far the most invalid reason he had ever heard for trespassing property and kidnapping. As Aelin was about to speak, he was cut off by the sudden sound of footsteps. He panicked but saw Lucas snap his fingers and the scenery changed once again. He was back in his room, with Lucas and Athy no where to be found. Suddenly, he heard the noise of the front door opening.

He went to go check and saw the maids, seems like their report was done. But he noticed a change in the atmosphere. The maids seemed a bit distressed, and kept whispering to each other but couldn't look him in the eye. Aelin decided to push it aside for now and instead take a quick shower while the maids prepared dinner since it was already late. But the thought bugged him throughout the shower, and even when he was changing his clothes. When he finally reached the dinner table, the atmosphere was quite heavy.

The mood wasn't to sunny, and the maids were unusually quiet. Aelin couldn't take it anymore and broke the silence.

"Did something happen?"

The maids looked at the boy with a worried expression, then looked at each other.

"Jade do you want to say it?"

"..."

"Fine, I'll tell him."

The black haired maid, Selena, turned to be blonde boy and took a breath in.

"Aelin, we were discussing about the situation with hiding you and..."

"Duke Alpheus would like to meet you on your 10th anniversary."

• ❖ • ❖ • ❖ • ❖ •

WHATS THIS?

AUTHOR UPDATED IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS?

WHAAAAAAAAT???????

AAAAA I TRIED TO UPDATE QUICKLY WITHOUT RUSHING, I HOPE THIS WAS UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS!

(I did well right? Right?)

Anyways, I don't really have much to say, so, you probably know the drill by now,

Take care of yourselves, stay safe, and remember to hydrate!

Kiwii, out!
-🥝💖