Mya's eyes flickered to the amethyst ring on her finger. "Thank you."

She shut the door behind her, hurrying down the spiral stairs, as she did so, she switched the ring from her ring finger on her left hand to her right one. She was hoping it didn't look as obvious as it was. Maybe Dumbledore was just better at picking up on these types of things.

When she got back out to the corridor, she saw her favorite blonde haired girl pacing back and forth.

"How long have you been waiting out here for me?" Mya asked.

Lea gasped turning around. She didn't say anything, just ran towards her friend, throwing her arms around her neck and pulling her in for a hug. "You're back! You're back! You're finally back!"

"I am," Mya giggled as the two girls rocked back and forth. "Well I should say, it does feel nice to be this missed."

"Are you kidding?" Lea pulled back with a smile. "I'd be surprised if Hermione isn't planning a party in your honor."

"Now thats something I definitely need with my ego," Mya joked. 

"Only the best for you," Lea threw her arm around Mya's shoulders before they headed down the hall.

For the rest of the day, the two friends spend outside on this peculiarly nice day. Peculiar due to the fact that in the middle of February, in Scottland, it was actually sunny outside. Mya had been smart enough to come back to school on a Sunday. Otherwise, she would have had to start when on a Monday with classes, and that was her least favorite part about school. 

"I think that one looks like a dog," Mya pointed out to a wondering cloud in the sky.

"Really? I thought it looked like a flower," Lea hummed.

The girls were laying in opposite directions, their heads placed right next to the others. 

"So, how's it been going at school?" Mya asked out of curiosity.

"You know..." Lea tried to think of a response that wouldn't turn alarms on in Mya's head. "Gryffindor is doing well in Quidditch right now, we survived the Ron thing, and the, um... Harry and Draco thing."

"I totally forgot about that," Mya turned her head to look over at Lea. "Are you alright? I know Draco and you are like a thing."

"Yeah, we're fine," Lea said. "Draco and I have just gotten really close after everything. I think I'm starting to understand how his head works."

Mya snorted. "Understanding how a boy's brain works is basically like trying to figure out how quantum physics works."

"Do you even know what quantum physics is?" Lea smiled, looking over at her friend.

"No," Mya laughed. "I heard it in a Marvel movie once, I think."

Lea shook her head a bit before the two of them looked back up at the clouds. "How's it going with your boyfriend?"

"Not my boyfriend," Was Mya's automatic response.

"Oh come on," Lea groaned. "Like, two years it's been, and yet you two still won't go official?"

Mya's fidgeted with the ring on her finger, twirling it around. "I just... think we've grown past that title."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lea's brows pinched together.

"Nothing," Mya sighed. "Do you ever think what our lives would be like if we'd never come back here?"

"You'd be fine," Lea said.

"Now what's that supposed to mean?" Mya asked.

"Well, you've just always been good at adapting to everything," Lea explained. "I haven't. You would have gone on to play university volleyball, moved halfway across the country, met some dude, and lived happily ever after. I'd probably get into a state school, close to home, become an English major, and died alone surrounded by my cats."

"Lea I would never let you die alone," Mya rolled her eyes. "Plus, you're just as good as I am at Volleyball. You'd gotten into the same schools as me."

"I stopped playing, haven't played in basically three years, because we fucked up our perception of time," Lea said. "I feel like that's something we haven't discussed. We lived a year here but came back on the same day and time we left, and then lived that same year again."

"Does that mean we're a year older?" Mya asked.

"Maybe," Lea shrugged. 

"Can we buy alcohol then?" Mya wondered.

"You can buy alcohol in the wizarding world now," Lea informed her.

Mya gasped. "I can! Wow, who knew seventeen would be my favorite birthday."

"Yeah," Lea took in a deep breath, looking up at the clouds. "Are you... are you alright? I mean, with the whole werewolf thing."

"Yeah," Mya told her. "I mean, now I just get to spend one night of the year camping out in a literal shack, but it could be worse."

"Yeah," Lea said. 

Both girls had about a million things that they wanted to say to the other, thoughts that had been swirling around in their heads just wanting to come out. But they couldn't say it, even to each other. Somethings were just meant to be kept inside, until they bottled up and came bursting out. 

-------

AN: Sorry this one's kinda short, but I got big things for this story coming up soon.