𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑: 𝐛𝐮𝐠 𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠?

So before this chapter starts the reason why it's chapter 23 is that in the original book the last chapter written there is chapter 22 and was placed when the first term was ending so this chapter is going to be placed sometime after the start of summer break!

happy reading ~

━━━━━━━━  ఌ  ━━━━━━━━

𝗕𝗨𝗚 𝗢𝗥 𝗢𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗣𝗨𝗦 𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚?

━━━━━━━━ ఌ ━━━━━━━━

third-person pov

summer break has begun and we're free from school. Or so what y/n thought...

   𓈀 y/n pov 𓈀

Sugino yelled out to us "Hey, look! this tree is swarming with bugs!!"

"what are we doing back on school grounds?!", you exclaimed. "and so early in the morning too?!", Nagisa added.

then you heard Sugino explaining to you and to Nagisa that he's too old to catch bugs and is embarrassed to collect them in public and that he grew up as a city kid. Also, he said always wanted the opportunity to catch bugs and that Karma told him about a tree full of bugs.

"But I never thought you'd come with us though, (Y/n)-chan and Maehara, I didn't think you two were interested in stuff like this", Sugino said.

"oh I came because I didn't want to practice my assassination skills with Karasuma-sensei today" you shrugged.

"Our next assassination will be at a tropical resort, right? so... don't you think we're missing something?", Maehara stated.

we started to wonder..

"CASH!!!! YOU NEED CASH TO HIT ON HOT CHICKS IN BIKINIS!!" Maehara cried out.
you deadpanned at what Maehara said and as when you were about to scold him..
he said that little insects weren't worth much but that giant stag beetles were worth thousands right, your jaw dropped and you started daydreaming about all the things you could buy like dessert. Your mouth watered over the thought.. (sorry if you don't have a sweet tooth just imagine you do 😅)

All three of the boys looked at you and their cheeks turned pink a bit when they saw you spacing out and drooling a bit (omg sorry if this sounds weird you can ignore this part of the story 💀) then you realized and turned red from the embarrassment and covered your face and they laughed and during that you were scolding them but eventually you guys stopped and then you guys started walking deeper then Nagisa asked Maehara if Giant stag beetles were actually worth a lot and Maehara replied with " yup and I'm gonna sell them online and make a fortune. Or at least enough money for a nice dinner and a hotel room. Heh heh.... then all of a sudden you four heard a familiar voice saying "think again. Giant stag beetles are history." you all looked up...

KURAHASHI! All four of you yelled.

"morning! you came to make some pocket money too, huh?" she said while smiling.
"Kurahashi .. what do you mean "history"?"
you questioned her. She then started to explain to us that beetles cost way more when we were little kids but now that they are bred easily their price has lowered.
You were pretty disappointed because you were expecting to buy something with the money you get from selling beetles. then
Maehara sweatdropped and started ranting about how he thought that 1 stag beetle = one girl and Kurahasi just told him that girls cost more nowadays.

And all 5 (y/n, Nagisa, Sugino, Maehara, and Kurahashi ) of you guys started walking deeper into the forest looking for bugs and while walking you guys found that Kurashi likes living things and that she knows a lot about zoology. Then all of a sudden-