Chapter 3: We Are Both

Start from the beginning

"He's my pet," Melody explained. "I'll show you when you come over and hopefully he doesn't cause too much trouble."

"Heh... Well, I suppose that'll be okay," Piper chuckled with a small shrug. "As long as he's not a big, slobbery, and messy dog, right?"

"Sebastian is... He's a bit more unique than that." Melody hinted before winking at Piper hopefully.

"Oh... I see..." Piper replied with a small smile and nod. "I really look forward to it at least."

Melody then smiled before Piper then smiled back at her as they joined everyone else at the crisis center while Melody's grandfather had a word with some people about the arrangements. "Evie... I really wish you could be at the party too to help support me," she then whispered to herself. "I really need your help... Not to mention with Piper."

The townspeople were still trying to figure out what to do as David soon wandered into the crisis center to see what was going on. He then saw Henry and Dee Dee before going right over to them as Nova continued to help the nuns out after she had arrived with the blonde girl. "Guys. Have you seen Blue?" he then asked the kids. "Mother Superior."

"No, but everyone is looking for you." Henry replied as Ruby, Kiara, and a lot of others rushed over.

"Do we know where Rump-Mr. Gold is?" Ruby then asked David.

"Wait. Does the Queen still have power?" Archie then asked.

"I thought I would find my boy," Marco piped up hopefully. "Are the lists complete?"

"I don't know where Mr. Gold is either, but he's got to be planning something!" Dee Dee spoke up urgently.

"Hey, let me ask you something," Dr. Whale spoke up as he came to see a very overwhelmed David before he looked rather hopeful and eager about his question. "Are the nuns still nuns, or can they, you know, date?"

Jane rolled her eyes at that, shaking her head in disgust with Dr. Whale's behavior.

"Uh, I don't know," David said to the doctor before crying out again. "Blue!"

"Don't say it's me asking." Dr. Whale then added innocently.

"Are nuns allowed to date?" Ava asked as she stood with Nicholas, Ginger, and their father.

"I don't think so." Nicholas replied.

"Don't listen to Dr. Whale, guys." Ginger told her new adoptive younger siblings.

David walked along before going to speak with Mother Superior once he saw her. "Could there be a tree on this side? The way we sent Emma through as a baby... Maybe I could go after 'em that way." he then asked hopefully before explaining.

Mother Superior looked thoughtful. "It's possible, but without fairy dust to guide us here, uh, no, it's hopeless." she then said softly.

"Well... Maybe since I was raised by you guys, maybe I'm the descendant of a fairy and maybe my own fairy magic can come up and help us?" Jane then spoke up hopefully.

"Maybe that's it!" Dee Dee then said, hopeful along with Jane. "That should help Storybrooke, right? One part of the magic is better than no magic at all, right?"

"No, I'm sorry, but not even you can use fairy magic, my darling Jane," Mother Superior told the teenage girl. "Yes, you were descended from us fairies, but without fairy dust, you can't use your own magic right now either."

"Oh..." Jane frowned. "...Well, I tried, right?"

"You did, you did a very good try and had a good idea," Mother Superior said softly. "Your heart was in the right place, but it's just unfortunately not going to work out for you or anyone else."