Mei's love for Sweeney

2 days later, Mei felt 100% better than she was. It was October 28 now and it was early evening. Tammie had a maternity ward seminar to be in and it was from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. that night and Bridget had tai-chi and self-defense classes. David and Adam took Riley to a doctor's appointment to get her flu shot.

Everyone was getting dinner cooking. There were gluten free as well as regular chicken tenders cooking in the oven. Little Mei was happily playing with Rani. They were playing a game of hide and seek and little Mei was it.

"I'll count, Ra-Ra, okay?" Mei said.

"No peeking, kiddo!" Stephen chuckled.

"Okay, Doc!" Mei giggled cutely. It was the most sweet and adorable giggle that Sweeney has ever heard. "Ready? One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten! Ready or not, here I come!"

Mei went and searched for Rani.

"Rani...where are you?" Mei sing-songed.

Mei stopped what she was doing. She could smell something burning inside the oven.

"Doc? Is there anything in the oven?" Mei asked curiously.

"Oh my God...the tenders!" Stephen remembered as he ran quickly to get the oven gloves. "Thanks, sweetheart."

He opened the oven to find flames burning the regular chicken tenders but it never touched the gluten free chicken tenders.

"Whoa!" Stephen yelled surprised.

The smoke alarm beeped now.

Joshua came with the fire extinguisher.

"I've got this, Stephen." Joshua calmly said. He aimed at the fire and it extinguished. Mary opened the windows to let the smoke escape while Joanne with a cloth fanned it. The smoke alarm stopped beeping now.

Mei screamed, now frightened and hyperventilating. She ran out of the room and upstairs to her room; her heart pounding; trying to get the scary images of Lovett in the oven out of her mind. Couldn't. Overcome by what she had seen from inside the oven, she passed out on her bed.

"Mei, honey?" She could hear Stephen and Sweeney coming upstairs to find her passed out.

"Dear God, she might've seen what had happened..." Sweeney softly said to Stephen as he gathered Mei on his lap. "Poor sweet..."

"I don't blame her." Stephen nodded compassionately as he gently smoothed a front strand of her curly hair. "After all, she did regain her past memories 2 days ago."

"Neither do I." Sweeney agreed.

"Mei-Mei?" Rani came upstairs to check on her cousin. A worried brow was etched on her forehead.

"She'll be okay, kiddo." Stephen reassured gently to Rani.

Mei opened her eyes a little bit and the girl looked quite shaken up by the oven bursting into flames; that brought back scary memories of the past. She held on to the barber, scared.

"Sweeney...!" Mei shuddered softly.

"Shh....shhh...I've got you, love...I've got you..." Sweeney soothed as he hugged her.

"Easy, pumpkin..." Stephen stroked Mei's back soothingly. "Everything's gonna be okay. We both got you..."

Mei laid her head down on the crook of Sweeney's neck, knowing that she has both her father figures; one a Sorcerer Supreme and the other a demon barber who protected her from Judge Turpin. Sweeney leaned in to kiss her cheek as he cuddled her close.

Stephen gently ruffled Mei's hair at the same time, and he looked at Sweeney transfixed by his white streak and intense dark eyes.

"What?" Sweeney wondered curiously.