So Lexi had to be the adult. And she didn't mind that much. She was really good at looking after people.

Lexi made quick work of packing a backpack full of things she'd need for the party. Dread filling her stomach while doing so.

Once Lexi had accomplished that task she made quick work on doing her chores.

Do the laundry.

Fold the laundry.

Pack away the laundry.

Warm up a meal for her mother and Cassie and feeding Mr Dumbledore, their fat ginger cat who looked at her in what she could only describe as arrogant distaste. As if he was the head of this household.

And she guessed it was true.

"Whatever, Dumblefuck. Eat it or starve."

Lexi said it with an affectionate smile while moving into her bedroom to get her backpack.

Lexi was just about to head out when her mother spoke from the couch she had been passed out on.

"Where are you going, Lex. It's nearing dinner time. I cooked your favorite. Thought we'd watch the new episode of The Bachelor together."

Lexi grit her teeth and turned to her mother trying her best to hide her irritation.

"You let it burn so I heated up a meal for you and Cassie. It's in the oven. I'm going to Jules and Rue's party."

"Oh, okay. Well, be safe. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, kid."

Lexi knew the list was small of things her mother wouldn't do and grimaced in disgust.

"Sure, mom. See you."

Lexi made no rush in getting to Jules place. The longer she went without seeing them all over eachother, the better for her sanity and wellbeing.

But she couldn't keep up the snail pace much longer lest she make it there at midnight.

Jules house was every millennials wet dream. Modern and drowned in white, grey and black.  Minimalistic and art pieces decorated the walls.

Lexi hesitated before knocking. She braced her shoulders and took a calming breath.

"Lexi!" Jules pulled Lexi in for a hug as if they hadn't just seen eachother a few hours prior.

Lexi smelt Jules. And Rue. Her hair was in Lexi's face so she couldn't avoid having Jules scent lodged up her nasal cavity. She smelled sweet but not overpowering. And with a touch of Rue as well. A smell that Lexi could pick from a line up.

"Rue's just having a quick shower but she should be done soon." Jules flounced away towards the kitchen, looking very content. Well, of course she would be. This was her home after all.

Lexi noted that Jules was in nothing but a towel. It clung to her subtle curves, her legs looked they went on for days. Her toenails painted a soft lilac and her fingernails were the same color as well.

"Do you want something to drink? We have tea, coffee, soda, kombucha..." Jules trailed off while sticking her head in the fridge searching for something that Lexi would want to drink.

"Uh, no thanks. I'm good for now." Lexi said trying her best not to stare while Jules was on her tippy toes, the towel had ridden up showing Lexi more of those legs.

Jules turned to her while closing the fridges door, she had a gentle smile on her face.

"You okay, Lex?"

Lexi could see concern in her eyes and rushed to crush the overwhelming guilt she felt.

"Yeah, totally. Just a bit tired. Had to clean up when I got home and organize dinner for my mom and Cassie as well as our cat so I'm just a bit out of it." Lexi flinched when she heard herself starting to ramble.