"There you are." He said, looking up the tree.

I looked down to see Camilo with beads of sweat running down his face.

"Abuela's gonna kill you." He facepalmed while staring at me.

" He isn't avoiding me. "  I thought, letting my feet dangle from the tree branch.

"So, the pretty boy found me~" I said, looking up at the sky.

"Now's not the time for that. Let's go, otherwise I'm gonna get in trouble too." He said, putting his hand on his hips.

"Not the time for what?" I jumped down, landing in front of Camilo.

"Flirting"

"Me? Flirting? With you? Funny" I said getting closer to him and tilting my head.

He opened his mouth to say something, only to close it.

"You getting shy?" I hummed leaning in even closer.

He turned his whole head away.

I stepped away, patting his shoulder with a smirk. "Get your mind out of the gutter, weirdo."

He clicked his tongue and slapped my hand away.

"Ooh, someone's getting feisty" I said, raising my eyebrows.

Camilo mumbled something, but I didn't catch it.

"Ya stalling, hurry up and say it louder."

He rolled his eyes and turned around, walking back. "Let's go."

[ 2nd person POV ]

"Y/n!" You could hear Luisa's faint shouting.

You didn't want to be found, at least not yet. You wanted some alone time, but if you leave Camilo here and run away they'll know where you are and find you even quicker.

With that in mind, you quickly grabbed Camilo's wrist and even though he resisted, you managed to hide once again. However this time, deeper in the forest.

Camilo was about to scream for Dolores, so she'd know exactly where you guys were, but you covered his mouth with your hand, muffling his shouting.

He shifted to a baby, getting out of your grip, and then shifted back to himself once he was free.

"Are you stupid?!" Camilo said as he was kneeling on the ground, catching his breath.

"For the love of god please shut up!" You whisper-yelled kneeling down next to him as you glared at him.

He heard Luisa not too far, he wanted to get her, but he couldn't. For some reason he felt like his voice was gone and as if his whole body was frozen.

After 5 minutes, you could not hear Luisa anymore, which put you at relief.

"Hmm, I didn't think you'd actually shut up." You said, looking at Camilo.

In return, he sighed.

"Listen, I did this because I felt bad. You wanted some privacy, and I can understand that. But you bringing me into this stupid shit will get me in trouble!" Camilo said, standing up and wiping imaginary dust off of his pants.

"Yeah yeah" you hummed, standing up too. "Well, if you wouldn't have found me, it wouldn't have happened, y'know?"

"You're funny." He clenched his fist. "This is not a joke, you got me in trouble already, I bet! Abuela's going to kill me."

"There there." You said sarcastically, patting his head a couple times.

"You're bending this situation to your own advantage, aren't you." He asked, in a serious tone.

"Pump the breaks, Madrigal. I do this daily! Alright? And if you're going to plan on ruining my run-away streak.." you said as you flicked his forehead "there's gonna be consequences!"

You leaned on a tree.

"Jerk." Camilo mumbled.

"Relax~" you said as you sat down. "It's not the end of the world. That rotten old lady is going to yell at you, so what? You can tolerate it, can't ya?"

"You know damn well how it feels when some family member yells at you." He snapped back, fixing his ruana.

"Outta pocket."

"You can tolerate it, can't ya?" He mocked you.

"Good one." You said closing your eyes.

[ 2 hours later ]

You blinked a couple times, realizing you had fallen asleep after your conversation with Camilo.

You looked around and saw Camilo.

"You stayed? I thought you would've left." You said in a husky voice.

"I only stayed because you could've gone missing or something. And I'd hate to get a lecture from both my family and Azul."

" Azul.. I wonder how they're doing. " You drifted off in your thoughts.
"Was that enough time to continue your "run-away streak" " Camilo asked standing up.

"Nope" you answered nonchalantly.

"Y'know, you'll have to go back sooner or later."

"Okay? Now's not the time obviously."

" This may be a perfect time to ask about his.. condition.. " Camilo thought walking over to you, and sitting to your left.

You side-eyed him, pushing all your thoughts aside and focusing on Camilo.

There was a tiny bit of silence, until Camilo broke it.

"Your arms..-"

"What about them?" You quickly cut him off.

"They have these spots-" Camilo got cut off by you again. "Really? Couldn't tell."

Camilo sighed. "I'm just gonna get to the point. I think they're pretty and unique." He said as he felt his cheeks getting redder.

There was this weird feeling in your stomach. You hesitated for a second. "You're sappy." You said as you smiled and turned your head away.

Camilo's eyes widened slightly as a huge grin grew on his face. "You getting shy?" He got closer to you, and he shifted into you.. mocking you once again.

Your smile quickly faded and you rolled your eyes. "Had to ruin it."

"You were angry at me a couple minutes ago, what's with the attitude change, Madrigal?~" you said as you put your pointer finger under his chin, lifting it up.

Camilo gasped silently as the blush grew bigger and bigger by the second.

He exhaled through his nose quickly, changing his expression. "Is this a flirting contest?" He asked getting farther away from you. "If it is you're moving quickly!~" he hummed in a cheerful tone.

You narrowed your eyes. "We've known each other for at least 6 months, idiot."

"Yeah, but we only actually got to know each other better like a day ago! All you would do is send me stupid glares whenever you saw me." He pouted.

"Yeah because you're part of the stupid Madrigal family, reminder: which I hate." You replied putting your hands behind your head, resting.

"Your hatred for my family is growing bigger day by day huh?" He asked sighing.

"No shit."

Then there was silence. For a while.

" Stupid Madrigal, making me feel like this! Weirdo. Not to mention his nice boy facade. Ew! " The thought sent shivers down your spine, making you slightly shake.

Time: 8:46pm
Word count: 1650
Guys, guys. I'm sorry for this shit chapter, I have a headache and I'm sick. Imagine being sick one day before your birthday.. oml, my luck is not it this year.
Hope you had fun reading this chapter, I put myself through hell for it.

I also wanna apologize for 2 things: slow updates!!! I'm so sorry, I'm really busy lately 😐
And the pacing and the storyline keep in mind I'm writing whatever comes in mind, I literally don't have a storyline for this book🧍‍♂️