Chapter 6.1 The Warrior

TROY AND FREJEAN, with the help of Cynthia, managed to reach the east wing of the bunker without being noticed. Cynthia put them inside another storage room near her office as she hoped to clear the place for them. Approaching a guard patrolling the hallway, she reached for her right pocket. She took out the pen and flicked its cap off the moment she and the guard crossed. With all of her force, she surprised and caught the man off guard when stabbed him in the neck using the pointy end of the pen. She immediately took the shock baton and gun from his side. She turned on the baton and shocked him until he passed out and bled on the floor.

“You can come out now!” she said just enough for them to hear.

Troy and Frejean stepped out and were shocked to see a dying guard on the floor covered in blood. But they brushed off the disturbing image out of their minds as they have a more pressing concern to attend to. Good thing there were no people inside the office, they immediately got in and closed the door behind them.

“We need to be quick. They might walk in here at any minute,” Cynthia warned.

Troy occupied the swivel chair in front of a computer. His eyes were focused on the monitor, he started doing his thing, and the cold room was filled with the sound of the keyboard clacking. Frejean and Cynthia on the other hand dragged the body of the guard inside.

“What about that?” Frejean asked pointing to the drag marks of blood left on the white floor.

“Wait,” Cynthia rushed to her table around the corner of the room. She opened the lowermost drawer and took out her spare shirt. She returned outside brought the shirt and wiped the floor with it.

“It’s still noticeable.”

“I don’t have any---”

The lights went out and darkness filled their sight. Ten seconds passed by and the emergency backup power kicked in. Red lights flooded the hallway and rooms for a bit until everything went back to normal. Frejean and Cynthia turned their attention to Troy who left the computer with a big smile.

“What have you done?”

“I saw Asceia, she was in a big laboratory room. She was continuously sedated and there was a remote-controlled device that kept her mouth closed. Taking out the power gives her a chance.”

••°°••

AS THE POWER went out. The telepathic shield, supply of sedative to Asceia, and the device that was designed to prevent her from making sound waves were temporarily disabled and cut off. She opened her eyes and found her naked body lying on a cold and thick long table covered with tiles, and was greeted by darkness. She didn’t move and gather her strength first. Red light flooded the room and it startled her. As a result, she instinctively pulled her hands in full force, while she still have her chance. The straps remained wrapped on her wrist, but she was free from the chains attached to the long table.

The first thing she did was forcibly removed the device from her mouth and neck and spoke for the first time, “Don’t move!”

Everyone stopped, instantly paralyzed and enchanted by her voice. The power was restored and she saw clearly what she had done. She smiled at the sight of doctors and scientists in the room that were frozen to where they stood, in their awkward positions. For those who were facing her, their eyes screamed fear, they were struggling and trying to fight the paralysis, but they can’t. She can hear their heart beating so loud and fast. She came down off the table and faced the closest woman, a doctor, who was just about her size and height.

“Give me your clothes.”

The woman, hypnotized by her voice, stripped of her uniform in front of her with no hesitation. For her, if she resists the wish of the mermaid, she will feel uneasiness and pain; but if she complies, she will feel ecstasy---bliss she never has felt before. The woman was left with only underwear, she gave her uniform to Asceia and helped her wear it. And she froze in paralysis when the mermaid whispered and commanded her to stop moving.

Asceia’s attention was shifted to the door that was busted open. The armed men were about to come and flood in when she spoke another order again that made them stop, her voice was louder enough for all of them to be influenced. They were paralyzed as if their feet were nailed to the floor.

She grinned and drew out her barbed stinger. She approached a male doctor and she instantly saw the fear in his eyes that fueled her desire. Beads of sweats appeared on his forehead and nose, these streamed down his face until they dropped to the floor.

“This is for your crimes against my kind,” she telepathically said to everyone around her.

She placed her stinger in his throat and slowly, she let the sharp and barbed edge of her stinger slit his skin and flesh. She tore his carotid arteries. His blood poured down continuously, staining his white uniform, and pooling on the floor. She noticed the tears flowing out of his eyes that showed so much struggle and suffering. Imagine the pain he felt by just standing and doing nothing for the open wound he desperately wanted to apply pressure on. In his mind, he was screaming so loud, crying, and pleading to set him free. But Asceia enjoyed his struggles.

“I could kill you all at once, but where’s the fun in that?”

She moved to the next target, a female scientist. She stabbed her left breast with her stinger. She also stabbed the man next to her in his stomach. One by one, the people inside the laboratory room were rewarded with a deep stab on their stomach, chest, and neck, and anywhere in their body that she would like. They kept bleeding and they felt the burning and excruciating pain of venom she left within their body. Seconds passed by, and the floor was covered with blood. The paralyzed doctors, scientists, and guards fell to the floor as their bodies can’t hold them together due to excessive loss of blood and intoxication.

Those who dropped to the floor were still conscious and suffering from the injuries, except Rick Corpus and Mr. Santos, who were still unharmed and terrified to the bones of what they have witnessed. They knew they were going to die, but the fact that they’d seen what she have done to others and left them both for last, scared the shit out of them.