CHAPTER 17

Kate's pov

Since I walked in this castle I smelled a beautiful scent, I sighed knowing exactly what it was. The goddess has blessed me with another mate, a mate I don't want. I only love Lili and that's it, she was the love of my life and I'm not ready to move on. Whoever this person is I don't want to hurt them, I'll just have to talk to them about this.

I looked behind me to be met with red eyes staring at me with lust, a petite woman was holding a bottle of blood in her hand. Her brown hair was beautiful set on her back and she was wearing tight jeans that made her curves obvious. What happened to not doing this? What happened to not falling for someone else.

"Your majesty, here's the blood you asked for" she went close to Dumitra and poured her some. She got closer to me with a glass in her hand, she handed it to me but I was too stunned to react. She poured the blood in the cup and accidentally spilled a little bit on her fingers.

I finally took the glass from her and touched her soft hand making electricity go through my body making me shiver. She smirked and put her finger in her mouth sucking the blood off of it. She turned around and left me standing there, confused and aroused.

"I- what just happened?" I asked, I looked around and everyone was staring at me with a smirk while Blaze had a small on her face.

"Don't say anything, I'm not even sure I want a new mate" I whispered sitting back on the couch.

"Don't say that Kate, that's hurtful and the goddess gave you another one for a reason" Blaze sat next to me, and started rubbing my back in a confronting way. This was too much for me, I'm still heartbroken over my mate and I don't think I can do this.

"I don't think I can do it..." I whispered,

"I might have to reject her" we heard something break and we all looked behind and found Nora's hurt face staring at me.

"W-wait..." I quickly stood up and tried to go after her but she was already gone.

"Hey you need to talk to her first, she's been waiting for her mate for the longest and I think she deserves a chance don't you think" Dumitra said,

"My queen, she won't stop crying" a maid came running down the stairs worried, Blaze took the baby from her and started to pull her shirt up. I turned my head away with an awkward face and looked at Dumitra.

"It's not like you didn't help her birth that baby, Kate" she chuckled, I mean I did but it was urgent and she had to or she'll die.

"I thought it was a he but now I understand why" I said looking at Dumitra's bulge. I am sure that just happened when Blaze pulled her shirt up because I didn't notice it when I first came in here. She smirked chuckling at my comment.

"What's her name?" I asked again, I touched the baby's head and caressed it gently. She was too sleepy to feed, like she'd start sucking then stop because she's probably fallen asleep and then she'd suck again.

"Her name is Kaden" Blaze whispered kissing Kaden's little hand that was wrapped around her finger.

"I'm glad you're gonna stay here Kate" Blaze said leaning her head on my shoulder, I gave her a small smile and nodded. I was glad I'm staying here as well, to change the environment and forget what happened maybe.

"Yeah, me too"

-

I've been here for a week and Nora has been ignoring me the whole time. When I'm around she'd do her tasks quickly and leave without even looking at me, I just wanna know what's going through her head but I also don't. I've tried to talk to her, maybe be friends or something just so she won't ignore. Everytime she walks past me her scent brushes against my nose leaving me dizzy.

Blaze was feeling a little better and less in pain, which was great. She could walk around the castle or in the garden and I'll go with her to keep her company while her mates worked. Today they didn't have work so she's been with them the whole day, and I decided to stay in my room and read something.

A soft knock on the door interrupted my reading, I whispered 'come in' knowing she heard it. She pushed the door open with a blink face that she's been giving me everytime I'm in the same room as her.

"Dinner is ready" she said, before she could walk out I ran in front of her and grabbed her arm, I pulled her inside the room and closed the door.

"Let me go, I don't know you so this is basically kidnapping" she said trying to get away from my grip, I was much taller than her I could see the top of her head.

"You're so small" I whispered with a smile, she rolled her eyes and huffed.

"You're so annoying" she mumbled, I pulled her closer making her collide with my chest gently. My body was working on its own, wrapping my arm around her. I leaned closer to her ear.

"You could've sent someone else to get me, but you came here.... You wanted to see me, Nora?" My lips brushed against her earlobe and I felt her small hand grip my shirt. I kissed her cheek and pulled away.

"I'll see you downstairs" I pulled away, and walked to the bathroom. I heard her groan and a loud door slam that made me chuckle.

At the dinner table, everyone seemed to enjoy their time while I couldn't eat. I kept thinking about Lili and Nora and how confused I am. I wanted Nora but I still love Lili and I feel like I'm betraying her.

But Nora looks so beautiful and sweet, unless someone makes her upset then she's so mean and rude. Her attitude is bigger than her.

"Why you smiling for?" Blaze asked with a smirk, I cleared my throat and tried to stop my beating heart. Just as Nora walked in the dining room making hard for me to answer, I followed her with my eyes until she reached Meave and gave her another plate then left with me still following her with my eyes.

"... nothing" I said going back to playing with my food.

"Sure thing" Blaze whispered, she picked up her kid and came closer to my seat.

"We can all hear your heart Kate, maybe it's time you go talk to her" she said patting my shoulder leaving me swimming in my thoughts and doubts. I sighed and stood up to go after Nora, I followed her scent until I reached the back garden. I walked on the grass looking at the beautiful night sky still looking for Nora.

She was leaning against a tree looking at sky, I was about to go talk to her but some guy came from the other side. She hugged him and he went to kiss her but she pushed him away.

"Look, I just want to end whatever this is" she pointed to the both them.

"But we haven't seen each other in like two weeks Nora!" He whispered yelled, two weeks so before I came here. Good.

"Yes, because I found my mate. She is definitely an asshole but I'm willing to try, so I'm sorry I don't think we should see each other anymore" she crossed her arms in front of her. He walked closer to her and I could feel how uncomfortable she was. He put his hand around her neck and pulled her to his face.

"You're mine either you like it or not" he started kissing on her neck while she struggled against him. Without being able to control myself I ran to her and yanked him away from her, I grabbed him by the throat and slammed him against the tree.

"I'm going to kill you..." I growled feeling myself on the verge of shifting. I let my claws out and let them dig in his neck, I picked him up again and slammed him on the ground.

"She said no and you still tried to touch her?!" I punched him over and over again until I felt satisfied. I stood up and kicked him in the nuts making him slide back holding his crotch in pain.

I turned around and she was looking at me with red cheeks, she didn't say anything. She just cleared her throat and mumbled a small thank you. I nodded and asked her to go back to the castle while holding my breath, when she was far enough I finally smelled the fresh air with a small hint of her arousal left. If she stayed any longer, I would've fucked her right here. Very inappropriate. I looked at the sky and sighed.

"Goddess help me..."

*******************************

Kate is so cute, she deserves to be happy.

-S