Todoroki came to a halt next to Y/n with a low growl, "Then try harder next time," He mumbled, pace slowing as he came to a stop. Y/n carefully stopped beside him, trying to steady her breathing and focus on the air around her.

"I think that might be all," she said, hands carefully remaining at her sides.

"Were they supposed to be real villains or something?"

"Hell if I know. They didn't feel threatening,"

"Hm. About your quirk—regardless of the fact you're just now realizing your power, you need to catch up fast or you'll fall behind. You're below average right now and leagues behind everyone already."

"Cool, cool, but how about I focus on my quirk and you focus on yours?" Y/n shot back, a scowl pulling at her lips. "I already told you I don't think it's as simple as a sixth sense. There's more to it, I can tell."

"I was just informing you since you've already managed to hold me back some. Figuring out your quirk would benefit you in the area of being able to work with and help others. You can't be a hero if you're holding your own teammates back,"

"Hold you back? You were the one asking for my help. If anything, I helped you!"

"Is that what you call help?" Todoroki made a noise with a small, exasperated exhale as a dismissal of the conversation, focusing his energy on the frozen villains in front of them.

"Didn't that thing say 'scatter and kill'?" He raised his voice and Y/n could feel a spike in his energy; agitation, "I hate to say this, but you guys just look like guys with Quirks they don't know what to do with... Annoying."

Y/n clicked her tongue folding her arms over her chest as she trailed behind him.

Her finger twitched and she tilted her chin up. "Ahead of you."

Todoroki paused on the ready and on cue, there was a shout as a man charged toward Todoroki, who'd already prepared a prison of ice for him, another frustrated click of his tongue.

"These guys are just a bunch of useless nobodies. The real danger was left out in the open. Only about four or five of them, I think."

"That's what I was thinking. There were only a few powerful energies that made me sweat, and none of these guys have them. But if they're working with the other guys, then they might know something..." Y/n shifted her weight, lips turning for a small grin, "Hey, let's threaten them!"

"Threaten them," Todoroki repeated.

"Yes! For - like information, you know? They've been hanging around the League, they must know a little bit about the overall plan here, right? They might know something useful."

"You might be right about that."

"Of course I am, I'm always right. Listen, I know a thing or two about getting information out of criminals. We gotta do this right, so you can be the good cop, I'll be the bad—"

"At this rate, your cells will slowly die," Todoroki's voice cut Y/n off and her lips parted in a sense of betrayal.

Of course, Mr. Perfect was always stealing the spotlight.

"I want to be a hero, so if possible, I'd prefer avoiding that cruel path. On what basis do you think you can kill All Might? What's your plan?"

His performance of his role was enough to shake off the bitterness.

"Wow, Todoroki," Y/n touched the tips of her fingers together, beaming, "I've gotta hand it to you. You play the bad cop role really well!"

"Shut up. I'm not playing any role."