"What?!"

"His team was attacked. Everyone is online, thankfully, but 'Cons got him and Megatron wants to exchange him on Soundwave."

"How could that happen? Argh... Sentinal... Why can't he stay away from trouble? " Ratchet mumbled rubbing his optics.

"I knew that Megatron would try something like that... I wish we could found another way to deal with this matter but I fear there is no other choice but to free Soundwave."

"Yes, I know, it's not like we are going to leave him Sentinal to 'Cons... Sometimes I wish we could, frankly speaking... Alright then, but I have started thinking we'll have opportunity to find out more about Soundwave..." the medic admitted taking his data pod from the table.

"Talking of that, how did it go?" Prime asked.

"I guess, could be worse... Ironhide must have informed you about what had happened."

"Yes, he did, but this aggressive actions were logical, from Decepticon's point of view. We had been questioning her not that long ago..."

"But you'll never guess what happened later..." Ratchet looked at his friend with a pleased smirk written on his faceplate. Prime narrowed his optics with a woken interest, "I'm listening."

"First Aid wanted to assist me, it is clear that kid wanted to show he wasn't afraid after the insident they had with Soundwave... I don't know where it came from, Optimus, but he started talking with her and, that might sound crazy, but she answered him! Using recording, of course, but she did! I thought that 'Con might be trying to distract us or something but, you know better then me, Soundwave isn't the one who uses talking in her tactics..."

"True. She is not... What did they talk about?"

Optimus was making his way to the aircraft, on which they were going to reach the meeting spot, get Sentinal and return Soundwave back. Ratchet told everything that had happend in the med bay... First Aid was a nice young bot, but who would have thought that he would be the one to help in releaving Soundwave's other side. Although Ratchet admitted thinking that this attitude might have been a trick, the medic and Optimus agreed on the change being something else.

And the most amusing was what had Soundwave admitted, she admitted feeling scared. And again, Optimus remembered the femme's optics after her visor was taken. He didn't know what had made the femme start hiding, who she really was, but this had happened long ago and it was too late to stop doing so without turning everything upside down... And Soundwave knew it. He was sure she did.

Of course, Prime couldn't put aside the fact of Soundwave's being an enemy. But this were the times Soundwave had been known as a mech. Now, it was different. Everything that had happened made Autobot leader realize, how mach they didn't know. Could he blame someone for being a Decepticon not knowing the reasons of their actions?

And there was one more thing. Soundwave's simbiots. These transformers were known for their loyalty to her, but no one could say for sure what kind of a relationship they shared with their master. Was the word 'master' even suitable in this case?

By trying to escape, Soundwave went on a big risk. Optimus had asked Soundwave if the reason of her actions was the try to contact her simbiots, and the femme's nearly unnoticeable reaction proved him being right. Optimus didn't know why exactly she wanted to contact them. There could be lots of intentions for that, but one of them was especially attracting his attention. And Prime wasn't sure if this one would had come before to his processor... May be, Soundwave was worried about the affect of the reveal of her secret on her simbiots?

Despite the spark bond they shared, even when the Decepticon Communication Officer helped his (her) simbiots during the battles (it was usually Ravage or the condors, who were involved in the fight), this was just the saving of the valuable subordinates, in Autobots' point of view, and never Soundwave's real care towards them was considered. But what if this was not true? Could Soundwave have a close relationship with them? Could she really care for them? Could she have done the most of the things in order to protect them?