The Cold Past And Present

Start from the beginning

“I don’t know what happened, she just doubled over in pain all of a sudden!”

“It looks like the same thing that happened before.”

Kirito kneels and holds Premiere’s head. “Are you okay?”

Premiere grunts in pain yet tries to speak through it. “I am...fine… It has passed.”

“Are you sure?”

“This is worrying… it looks like she just collapsed again with no warning or anything.”

“Should we head back to town?”

Koharu looks at Premiere with worry. “Premiere, are you sure you’re fine?”

“Yes.”

“Premiere, did you feel anything like you did last time? Do you have any idea what might have happened?”

Premiere stands up and holds her head lightly. “More sad, lonely thoughts came into my mind. Other than that, I am not certain. I am sorry.”

“You have nothing to apologize for,” Asuna states. “At any rate, those thoughts must be someone else’s.”

“But whose?”

“Tia?”

“Most likely, I would guess,” Sinon says in agreement with Koharu. “We have to find out what the heck is happening and why.” Just then, a group of players pass them, running further into the snowfields. From what Koharu picked up, they’ve heard news of a rare mob present not too far ahead… Wait a minute, the rare mob! That’s Tia! Kirito commands the group to chase after the players, hoping to catch up before anything happens to Premiere’s wayward twin.

xxxxxxxx

The Reimanhills, Stalvatos Ruins

Following the players ended up being fruitless, as Tia had long left the area. While the players left the area disgruntled, Koharu and her friends strive to get to Tia first before the target on her back becomes her undoing.

This leads them into a dungeon where, as expected, the path is blocked. Thanks to a tip from a passing player, they learn that the way forwards requires a monster to be beaten. Problem is, the monster is invisible, and the only way to learn how to detect invisible enemies involves the aid of the goddess statue in the Reimanhills region of the Stalvatos Ruins.

Kirito splits the group up, with him, Koharu, and Asuna returning to the Stalvatos Ruins, everyone else staying in place. Once on the green plains of the uppermost floor, the four rush to the ruined temple atop a short cliff. Koharu has been here before with the girls sans Asuna when they first arrived on the newly opened Aincrad, so the trip to the temple was quick.

It was the Goddess Statue that gave them the quest to combat the order of knights on the floor, and that same goddess recognizes Koharu as they approach her. “Hero. You have done well to come here. Please, listen to me. The great enemy I fought in ages past has once again returned to trouble this land. The Outsiders are here. They have already scattered to the four winds to corrupt the land.

“What are these ‘Outsiders,’” Kirito asks.

“As you might have assumed, they are not of this world. The Outsiders are beings from another plane of existence. They are servants of found Chaos, seeking to corrupt every last word and see it rot in turmoil and madness. Please, I beg of you, save this land! Save this world! Protect it from the Outsiders!”